Still don't understand why there are "bots" in Titanfall

#11zidane13412Posted 2/13/2014 3:10:28 PM
Chanfan02 posted...
I don't know why they did but it made me not want to buy the game. I played the Alpha to give it a chance and the bots ruin the game for me personally. They make the game so casual and everyone runs around killing bots only. I like my shooters competitive and this game isn't at all in my opinion. I guess I will wait for Halo 5 and the new Gears (if they stay true to the franchise) for my competitive online experience.

They should have made the game 12v12 and allow only 6 Titans per team to be on the map at once. Then once one gets destroyed the next player can call in their Titan. That would have been fine and the lack luster bots could be discarded for more player vs. player interactions.

Uhh no, waiting for your turn to use a Titan is a Horrible idea, thank god you are not part of the dev team.
#12Sith JediPosted 2/13/2014 3:14:13 PM
AssaultMonkey9 posted...
It just seems like it makes it so that every other enemy you spot is an easy kill. I get that you get less points for killing them, but if the developers could, don't you think they would get rid of bots and just have 8v8 or 10v10?

What do you mean 'if' they could? They could have but they didn't. There's no reason they can't add it in the future if people cry loud enough.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#13Foxx3kPosted 2/13/2014 3:18:07 PM
By your logic:

If the developers could, don't you think they'd remove the Titans and make the game 16v16?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#14Charity_DiaryPosted 2/13/2014 3:41:42 PM
Titanfall has bots because, without bots constantly shooting at you (and each other) with terrible accuracy, there would be no reason to wall-run or use the Titans.

A vanilla 6v6 or even 8v8 multiplayer match with no bots would downplay the entire selling points of the game. Then, it would basically be Halo with fewer guns and worse graphics. People wouldn't wall-run or anything because it would just make it hard to find other people, and no one would use the Titans because it's both quicker and easier to kill a lone pilot on foot. You may be able to destroy crowds of bots with one, but a player will just run away or latch onto you.

So the bots are necessary, which is a MAJOR design flaw in my opinion. I really want this game to be good.....
---
GT: Charity Diary
I be laughin' to the bank, like the money tickles!
#15Chanfan02Posted 2/13/2014 3:56:41 PM
zidane13412 posted...
Chanfan02 posted...
I don't know why they did but it made me not want to buy the game. I played the Alpha to give it a chance and the bots ruin the game for me personally. They make the game so casual and everyone runs around killing bots only. I like my shooters competitive and this game isn't at all in my opinion. I guess I will wait for Halo 5 and the new Gears (if they stay true to the franchise) for my competitive online experience.

They should have made the game 12v12 and allow only 6 Titans per team to be on the map at once. Then once one gets destroyed the next player can call in their Titan. That would have been fine and the lack luster bots could be discarded for more player vs. player interactions.

Uhh no, waiting for your turn to use a Titan is a Horrible idea, thank god you are not part of the dev team.

Ya cause people don't buy cod where they have to wait for their kill-streaks right? Bots are worse than waiting for your Titan in my opinion and that is the problem. Everyone just kills bots to get their Titan and nobody worries about the actual on ground game-play. It would have been better to set it up like kill-streaks. It is not a game to just use a Titan, so I think waiting 2 minutes for your titan would not be a big deal at all. Also you could just make it 6v6 with no bots as well.
---
XBL: Chanfan02
PSN: JChanfan
#16bakasoraPosted 2/13/2014 4:15:16 PM
bessy67 posted...
Have you ever played a MOBA? They're basically creeps.

---
and FFXIII is garbage.
#17PraetorXynPosted 2/13/2014 6:33:10 PM
Charity_Diary posted...
Titanfall has bots because, without bots constantly shooting at you (and each other) with terrible accuracy, there would be no reason to wall-run or use the Titans.

A vanilla 6v6 or even 8v8 multiplayer match with no bots would downplay the entire selling points of the game. Then, it would basically be Halo with fewer guns and worse graphics. People wouldn't wall-run or anything because it would just make it hard to find other people, and no one would use the Titans because it's both quicker and easier to kill a lone pilot on foot. You may be able to destroy crowds of bots with one, but a player will just run away or latch onto you.

So the bots are necessary, which is a MAJOR design flaw in my opinion. I really want this game to be good.....

This is probably the biggest reason.

The sad thing is it will probably backfire because people doing all the wall running etc. and going after bots will just get killed by players until it becomes the norm that everyone just ignores the bots and stays on the ground.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#18656stoogePosted 2/13/2014 6:38:43 PM
All I can think about is when Perfect Dark Zero added online bots in a patch and it killed the game dead.

Everyone would find some exploit in the AI and then just sit there sniping the bits off as they all ran towards the same area, time and time again.

It killed all the strategy in Dark Ops (i think that's what it was called) because they'd know where you were at all times. It just became tedious.

Hope this isn't anywhere near as bad, but after watching a clip from the beta where a player was killing 5 bits for every real player, I have my doubts.
---
My father is so Australian he's in prison.
#19ThunderPotatoPosted 2/13/2014 9:47:44 PM
Because casuals ruin anything objective based in FPS games. The NPCs are likely more intelligent than the majority of people you'll play with.
---
Even Microsoft's investors want the Xbox gone.