PS4 almost doubles Xbox One sales in January NPD!!!

#21orestes1981Posted 2/13/2014 4:38:51 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
Per Geoff Keighly, Tomb Raider on PS4 outsold the Xbone version 2:1 as well.

See to me thats a huge problem. There are so few games on the PS4 that people are gobbling up last gen ports. X1 players dont need to resort to last generation.

I have to hand it to the PS4 this month. I cant pretend it didnt do amazing. It still has nothing to play though.

ITT---Outlast does not exist... Nor any of the superior console experiences of multiplatform games... Or the PS4 exclusives...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#22HeyItsZantPosted 2/13/2014 4:40:49 PM(edited)
lololol this debunks the supply and demand argument.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYkmn347wsY
Honored to have played Xenoblade Chronicles.
#23pixel378Posted 2/13/2014 4:41:28 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...

See to me thats a huge problem. There are so few games on the PS4 that people are gobbling up last gen ports. X1 players dont need to resort to last generation.

I have to hand it to the PS4 this month. I cant pretend it didnt do amazing. It still has nothing to play though.

Huh? Ps4 is getting free games every month. I'm playing Killzone, BF4, NBA and Madden, and then once a month I get a new free game to play to change things up.

Free games i've gotten from PS+:

Resogun
Outlast
Contrast
Don't Starve

Not to mention games like Warframe and blacklight retribution which are free as well.

What has Xbox given you for free?

Theres a stark contrast between this board and ps4 board. Here, its titanfall, doom and gloom and sales figures. Ps4 board is literally good will, knowing the games are coming, and in the meantime, Guessing which game we will get free next month.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#24kcypher2000Posted 2/13/2014 4:41:49 PM
orestes1981 posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...

ITT---Outlast does not exist... Nor any of the superior console experiences of multiplatform games... Or the PS4 exclusives...

Outlast has been on pc for months. Multiplats barely better is not worth the price especially with crappy psn thats always down and deletes saves. What ps4 exclusives?
#25TheCyborgNinjaPosted 2/13/2014 4:42:04 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
How did MS's console sell more games if the PS4 doubled it in sales?! How is this possible? No one is answering the question to this very strange situation.

PS4 doesn't have as many games people want to buy.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#26CollCrofterPosted 2/13/2014 4:43:09 PM
Strav23 posted...
People with xbox one own more games then ps4 owners and it will only get better for xbox one when titanfall is released. Ps4 might be a more powerful console but I don't feel there games match up to xbox ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GIGKYVeNCc
---
Nobody's perfect, but when you're from Scotland you're pretty damn close!
#27MegaWinFTWPosted 2/13/2014 4:43:40 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...

Wasn't Tomb Raider the only major release on both Xbox One and PS4 last month? No matter what way you spin it, it's still bad news.

Thats what I am saying. The legs of the initial releases are carrying X1 owners till February. I dont need to buy Tomb Raider because I am still playing KI, Forza, DR3 and Ryse. PS4 owners had to purchase Tomb Raider or they were stuck KIllzone/Flower/Knack, all three which have limited replay value. DR3 alone has more to do than all three of those.

ITP: only exclusives exist. I've got one retail game I've barely touched the other 5 of which I'm not finished with yet anyway, a few F2P's I haven't tried out yet and I haven't even played a second of Don't Starve or Outlast.

Try and spin things however you want, you're only trying to delude yourself.
#28mokmuudPosted 2/13/2014 4:44:26 PM
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...

Wasn't Tomb Raider the only major release on both Xbox One and PS4 last month? No matter what way you spin it, it's still bad news.

Thats what I am saying. The legs of the initial releases are carrying X1 owners till February. I dont need to buy Tomb Raider because I am still playing KI, Forza, DR3 and Ryse. PS4 owners had to purchase Tomb Raider or they were stuck KIllzone/Flower/Knack, all three which have limited replay value. DR3 alone has more to do than all three of those.

I've been enjoying Don't starve, Outlast and have Thief preordered as well. DR3 is really the only thing I've been playing on my Xbox One and considering I have no interest in Titanfall it looks like I'll be spending way more time on my PS4.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#29StrongBlackVinePosted 2/13/2014 4:46:09 PM
This was pure beatdown. Microsoft must be in panic mode.

Hint: Titanfall will not save this console.
#30blitz_0623Posted 2/13/2014 4:46:28 PM
Very surprised with this. Thought the X1 was closer
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add