Does the Xbox One need a price drop asap...?

#11Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/13/2014 5:28:51 PM
JohnWall32 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
They aren't going to do a price drop at this point. They obviously didn't do as good as PS4 but these numbers aren't exactly bad for January. It was more of a middle ground thing. If it had really been Wii U like numbers then it'd be a different story.

The gap is only going to widen from here on out...keep in mind most retailers are just now starting to keep PS4's on their shelves...the Japan release coming soon...X1 is going to start to look like a complete failure when compared next to the PS4...unless ms does something fast.

PS4 was expected to do better worldwide(after the initial backlash and then the 500.00 tag). X1 obviously won't do as good as PS4 in those other places(there are already a lot of places where PS4 has launched but X1 hasn't) but it will help some.

The main point is people acting like it's the end of the world and MS needs an immediate price drop or the console is dead are exaggerating things. A price drop would obviously help them move more consoles but as long as the sales don't become really bad I doubt they are going to drop it anytime soon.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#12JohnWall32(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:43:51 PM
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
JohnWall32 posted...
Kupo_Mog_Kupo posted...
They aren't going to do a price drop at this point. They obviously didn't do as good as PS4 but these numbers aren't exactly bad for January. It was more of a middle ground thing. If it had really been Wii U like numbers then it'd be a different story.

The gap is only going to widen from here on out...keep in mind most retailers are just now starting to keep PS4's on their shelves...the Japan release coming soon...X1 is going to start to look like a complete failure when compared next to the PS4...unless ms does something fast.

PS4 was expected to do better worldwide(after the initial backlash and then the 500.00 tag). X1 obviously won't do as good as PS4 in those other places(there are already a lot of places where PS4 has launched but X1 hasn't) but it will help some.

The main point is people acting like it's the end of the world and MS needs an immediate price drop or the console is dead are exaggerating things. A price drop would obviously help them move more consoles but as long as the sales don't become really bad I doubt they are going to drop it anytime soon.

If the PS4 keeps outselling the X1 2-1 in the states...I guarantee ms drops the price by summer.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#13Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/13/2014 5:52:07 PM
Maybe but the consoles are still relatively close in terms of consoles sold in the US(even after this latest report). I doubt if they drop the price that soon unless it starts hitting near Wii U like levels monthly. The higher tag means they don't move as many consoles but if they drop the price at this point they lose money.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#14Laylow12Posted 2/13/2014 5:53:43 PM
It won't help sales, people want next generation resolution rates not last gen.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#15Veemon_XPosted 2/13/2014 5:54:53 PM
If there was a price drop between $300 and $400, I'd be more likely to pick one up. I'm holding off at least one or two years currently.
---
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! ~Sheogorath
#16kennyynnooPosted 2/13/2014 5:59:11 PM
TC called COD king the other day, no need to argue here, he obviously knows his stuff.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#17TrickyPonyPosted 2/13/2014 6:01:46 PM
With MS outselling the 360 at respective points in their launches despite the $500 I doubt a price drop is even on their radar. If games were lagging then maybe, but software sales don't seem to be a problem for MS either. You don't drop the price when sales are high
#18Orange_ApplesPosted 2/13/2014 6:07:04 PM
Free XB1 with purchase of 5 games
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#19prozac786Posted 2/13/2014 6:09:57 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

---
PSN Prozac786
#20MistahApplezPosted 2/13/2014 6:27:26 PM
Orange_Apples posted...

---
PSN: MistahApplez XBL: MistahApplez
Steam: Xteddy12 3DS FC: 2492-4235-0941