How does the PS4 outselling the Xone effect me at all?

#1Kovalchuk_Posted 2/13/2014 5:07:50 PM
There is so much debate about how Sony is winning and how Microsoft is losing but how does that affect me at all?

Just curious what your reasons are because they both have great game and I will be enjoying my Xone very much. Why should I care how well the PS4 sells? I guess it's just blind fanboy trolls or something? This is a new generation and it's filled with hate instead of everyone enjoying what we have!

Who gives a crap if Sony sold more consoles? My enjoyment does not rely on that at all.
---
3754-7115-0719
#2TMOGPosted 2/13/2014 5:09:50 PM
PS4 will be the primary console for multiplats and provide the best experience for those games. Third-party developers will see the most popular console as the one they're going to sell more games on, so it will be their primary (or in some cases, only) focus. The Xbone will either get downscaled ports or a lot of third-party games will be PS4 exclusive.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#3jon davisPosted 2/13/2014 5:10:29 PM
Gives more incentive for MS investors to pull the plug on the Xbox division?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#4DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/13/2014 5:11:48 PM
If people don't want it, they won't make games for it.
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
#5zachokPosted 2/13/2014 5:12:17 PM
TMOG posted...
PS4 will be the primary console for multiplats and provide the best experience for those games. Third-party developers will see the most popular console as the one they're going to sell more games on, so it will be their primary (or in some cases, only) focus. The Xbone will either get downscaled ports or a lot of third-party games will be PS4 exclusive.

and yet the 'Xbone' version of those games will still be fun. I don't care if your version looks better, I still get to play a pretty damn good looking game...
#6jon davisPosted 2/13/2014 5:12:55 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
If people don't want it, they won't make games for it.

The exact same thing is happening to the Wii U, no sales=no third party support and games being cancelled left and right.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#7GeistPosted 2/13/2014 5:13:36 PM
It will only serve to make this message board already worse then it is for the fans, nothing more. Play on.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#8CallOfDookiePosted 2/13/2014 5:14:04 PM
You cared enough to make a thread about it!
#9TMOGPosted 2/13/2014 5:14:07 PM
zachok posted...
TMOG posted...

and yet the 'Xbone' version of those games will still be fun. I don't care if your version looks better, I still get to play a pretty damn good looking game...

Assuming the developer judges the Xbone as being worth developing for when they consider the install bases and cost of development for each console.
---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#10Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 5:14:24 PM
TMOG posted...

But you guys act like Microsoft is not successful, both companies will be very successful and make tons of money. The mutiplats will have little to no difference.
---
3754-7115-0719