How does the PS4 outselling the Xone effect me at all?

#101jon davisPosted 2/14/2014 9:00:26 AM
extanker posted...
Man fanboys on both sides are idiots but right now, PS4 fanboys are clearly the king of that hill. Yeah if you only want to talk about sales numbers, the PS4 is kicking the Xbox's ass. But come on fanboys, the Xbox One is in no way 'failing'. All these topics about the One failing and losing support, or better yet, the Xbox division being shutdown, make you guys look even dumber than you claim us Xbox One fans to be.

The Xbox isn't going anywhere. It's breaking xbox sales records and despite being behind the ps4 in sales, it's definitely successful for Microsoft. Third party developers are not going to look at the potential millions of game sales and go 'nah, we don't need those sales. PS4 is where it's at'.

Have some sense. Both consoles are going to thrive and we're all going to win. But I'm going I win a little more because I own both.

Swap the names of the two machines in your post and its the same way things played out last gen, did you really think after years of bashing the PS3 that its fanbase wouldn't return the favour this time?
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#102TheM00dPosted 2/14/2014 9:05:06 AM
I don't remember people saying all this last gen when PS3 was getting lazy ports because it was harder to program for. When it happens to the Xbox though, "get ready for Xbox to lose all 3rd party support just like the Wii U guys." PS3 came out months after the 360 with a much higher price tag, was hard to program for and guess what? It was so successful that they were able to make a PS4. Not Xbox though, no sir. It costs too much and it's harder to program for, its graphics don't look as shiny Xbox can't recover.
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#103Ramsus082Posted 2/14/2014 9:30:53 AM(edited)
There's more gamers now then there were eight years ago, it's not impressive by itself for the Xbox brand to have sold more near launch than it did nearly a decade ago, especially with supply outpacing demand like it is now. Please don't buy into the marketing and PR press releases. The brand went from the market leader to less than an afterthought(the brand is literally a joke to a huge sect if gamers now, fairly or not). What standards are we using to judge it's success? It seems like it's selling poorly in comparison to it's chief competitor, actually. Getting a pat on the back for a distant second place is only comforting when you thought you'd end up in second place at best. Who predicted tgis sales disparity back in May? Not Microsoft, that's for sure. Not any of us either, I'd wager.

You're allowed to like the XboxOne, but when you argue that it's been a successful launch for sales, it sounds disingenuous because it sounds as if you've decided to completely ignore where these brands were back in May.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#104RaRitsujunPosted 2/14/2014 9:52:41 AM
CallOfDookie posted...
You cared enough to make a thread about it!

This.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 43 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#105extankerPosted 2/14/2014 9:56:07 AM
jon davis posted...
extanker posted...
Man fanboys on both sides are idiots but right now, PS4 fanboys are clearly the king of that hill. Yeah if you only want to talk about sales numbers, the PS4 is kicking the Xbox's ass. But come on fanboys, the Xbox One is in no way 'failing'. All these topics about the One failing and losing support, or better yet, the Xbox division being shutdown, make you guys look even dumber than you claim us Xbox One fans to be.

The Xbox isn't going anywhere. It's breaking xbox sales records and despite being behind the ps4 in sales, it's definitely successful for Microsoft. Third party developers are not going to look at the potential millions of game sales and go 'nah, we don't need those sales. PS4 is where it's at'.

Have some sense. Both consoles are going to thrive and we're all going to win. But I'm going I win a little more because I own both.

Swap the names of the two machines in your post and its the same way things played out last gen, did you really think after years of bashing the PS3 that its fanbase wouldn't return the favour this time?

I had both last gen systems too and I didn't care which was on top then either. So put whatever game system's names where ever you want in my post and it doesn't matter to me.

For real gamers, it's all about the games, not what you play it on.
#106jon davisPosted 2/14/2014 10:32:50 AM
extanker posted...
jon davis posted...
extanker posted...

I had both last gen systems too and I didn't care which was on top then either. So put whatever game system's names where ever you want in my post and it doesn't matter to me.

Point still stands though!
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#107extankerPosted 2/14/2014 10:43:22 AM
jon davis posted...
extanker posted...
jon davis posted...
extanker posted...

Point still stands though!

Only if you're a fanboy.
#108Steeleagle40Posted 2/14/2014 11:30:26 AM
Basically? Leverage, lets say the PS4 reaches a number of consoles that significally outnumbers the install base of the xb-one. They would be on a position were they could request exclusive games from bigger developers. Far fetched? 3DS vs Vita.
#109Kovalchuk_(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 11:33:06 AM
Steeleagle40 posted...
Basically? Leverage, lets say the PS4 reaches a number of consoles that significally outnumbers the install base of the xb-one. They would be on a position were they could request exclusive games from bigger developers. Far fetched? 3DS vs Vita.

Microsoft has too many resources to let that happen.
---
3754-7115-0719
#110SolidManifestPosted 2/14/2014 11:40:50 AM
I swear people need to stop thinking Xbox division is the entire Microsoft empire. Its a freaking division. MS as a company isn't gonna throw money at the division IF its bleeding money. You already have precedence of shareholders wanting to off load Xbox. Don't get comfortable.
---
Buddha says He who is in Continuous Hell never dies. Longevity is a big hardship in Continuous Hell