How does the PS4 outselling the Xone effect me at all?

#21TMOGPosted 2/13/2014 5:22:04 PM
zachok posted...
TMOG posted...

Exclusives, on the other hand, will. And developers who only want to make a game for one console are going to make it for the console with a larger base of customers.

This makes sense but multiplat games will still happen and look good (not PS4 good) on 'Xbone'.

and there will still be plenty of exclusives to be had on Xbox...

Since I edited my post while you were typing this, here's an addition I made regarding the multiplats on each console:

And yes, multiplats will make a difference when a customer is comparing two versions of the same game and one is noticeably better-looking. He's not going to think "Oh, it just looks better, I'm sure it plays exactly the same."

He's either going to think "This console is producing better-looking versions of the game and is $100 cheaper," or "I own both consoles, so I'm going to buy the superior version."

---
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/6870/tmog01.png
#22jon davisPosted 2/13/2014 5:23:28 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
It's a fanboy war. MS and Sony are looking to hit projected numbers. Only fanboys think their side is winning anything. Sony isn't putting microsoft out of business because they sold more consoles.

This board is a cesspool of obsessed fanboys, nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you people always say Microsoft when you mean the Xbox division? If the bone continues to sell badly then the investors at MS will just say "oh look that thing that has been costing us money for years is still bleeding money, time to pull the plug" MS continues on existing and the Xbox division is killed off without a second thought.
---
Strength is the only thing that matters in this world, everything else is just a delusion for the weak.
#23RebelGameMasterPosted 2/13/2014 5:25:03 PM
Sure, TC.

Peyton Manning: "I don't see how us losing to te Seahawks 43-8 stops me from enjoying the game. Numbers don't matter. I had fun playing."
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#24Duke_of_NukePosted 2/13/2014 5:26:12 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
TMOG posted...
PS4 will be the primary console for multiplats and provide the best experience for those games. Third-party developers will see the most popular console as the one they're going to sell more games on, so it will be their primary (or in some cases, only) focus. The Xbone will either get downscaled ports or a lot of third-party games will be PS4 exclusive.

But you guys act like Microsoft is not successful, both companies will be very successful and make tons of money. The mutiplats will have little to no difference.

Sorry but as we've seen with the multi plats already released the XBone versions are drastically inferior. All of them have much lower resolutions and frame rates. Sucks but MS shouldn't have cut corners so they could force Kinect on everyone.
---
Life's a joke and you are the punchline.
#25zachokPosted 2/13/2014 5:27:34 PM
TMOG posted...

Since I edited my post while you were typing this, here's an addition I made regarding the multiplats on each console:

And yes, multiplats will make a difference when a customer is comparing two versions of the same game and one is noticeably better-looking. He's not going to think "Oh, it just looks better, I'm sure it plays exactly the same."

He's either going to think "This console is producing better-looking versions of the game and is $100 cheaper," or "I own both consoles, so I'm going to buy the superior version."

I agree that someone on the fence about xb or ps might see games that look better and make a decision based on that, and those that have both will probably choose the better looking version, but there is a large install base for the Xbox and we want games... the market will provide.

PS4 is selling better and has better looking games. I don't own one (wish I did) so I'll play games on the Xbox. Guess what? those games look good too.
#26blitz_0623Posted 2/13/2014 5:27:58 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
There is so much debate about how Sony is winning and how Microsoft is losing but how does that affect me at all?

Just curious what your reasons are because they both have great game and I will be enjoying my Xone very much. Why should I care how well the PS4 sells? I guess it's just blind fanboy trolls or something? This is a new generation and it's filled with hate instead of everyone enjoying what we have!

Who gives a crap if Sony sold more consoles? My enjoyment does not rely on that at all.

You can ask this question every generation. Why does it matter the 360 outsells the PS3? The PS2 outsells the Xbox and GC? The PS against N64?

Because people try to make it matter
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#27OZ_ArchangelPosted 2/13/2014 5:32:29 PM
TC and any MS fan why they should care that the ps4 is winning.this is not fanboyism or hate to MS its facts so listen and dont judge and see the light.

game devs have said the ps4 is easier to develop for, plus because its winning the devs have a bigger audience to sell their game on, it means more money targeting that audience. if the ps4 had alot of customers why would a dev make a buggy low res game for it, theyll want to please the masses to keep buying the game.

look at the ps3, had power, was over priced, arrived too late 1 yr after the 360 yet that console for most of its cycle got ported games from the 360. games were smoother and better on the 360. the games cost the same. see what im saying here MS fans? your paying the same money for pretty much a 2nd rate game that might have more bugs, low res. while the ps4 gamers will get the true experience of the game as it was developed for.

again thats not hate, i was irked that most of my ps3 games werent as good as the 360, this time the roles have reversed but at the end of the day its about the games you can still play it just might be lower res. i put up with it for like 6 years last gen im sure you all can. but thats why people should basically care which console is winning, at the end it matters who gets the proper game and who gets it ported
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great \_0__/ >>>> l__O__l "YES"."YES"
#28spurrierzookPosted 2/13/2014 5:37:01 PM
It doesn't matter at all. In the not too near future, there will be minuscule differences in third party games. I have both consoles and haven't touched the PS4 since I traded in Killzone two days after release. I have played AC4, KI, DR3, and COD on X1 and Mario 3D on Wii U in that time frame.
I hated the first Infamous so the PS4 will collect more dust until MLB: The Show comes out and I may not get that at release bc I'm sure I'll be playing the hell out of TitanFall.
I pretty much expected the PS4 to sell more in Jan since more consoles were finally coming out to catch up with demand. Both consoles have their pluses, but IMO the X1 has more right now and in the near future.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#29BoxTheMuppetPosted 2/13/2014 5:38:27 PM
jon davis posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
It's a fanboy war. MS and Sony are looking to hit projected numbers. Only fanboys think their side is winning anything. Sony isn't putting microsoft out of business because they sold more consoles.

This board is a cesspool of obsessed fanboys, nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you people always say Microsoft when you mean the Xbox division? If the bone continues to sell badly then the investors at MS will just say "oh look that thing that has been costing us money for years is still bleeding money, time to pull the plug" MS continues on existing and the Xbox division is killed off without a second thought.

But it's not selling poorly, it's just not selling as much as ps4. Reread what I wrote and try to comprehend it. If MS has a projection to sell 200 units and it sells 250 then they have no problem. Also, games and tax returns will have an effect on console sales. I'm waiting to see what the numbers are after a full year has passed.

Also, it's easier to type MS rather than say Xbox division. Why don't you type sony playstation division? Not even sure what point, if any, you were trying to make with that. And as far as them cutting the Xbox division off, it's doubtful. I can see sony selling off playstation to try and save their faltering company. But this is just speculation without actually knowing what is going on internally within each company.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#30zachokPosted 2/13/2014 5:42:48 PM(edited)
OZ_Archangel posted...
TC and any MS fan why they should care that the ps4 is winning.this is not fanboyism or hate to MS its facts so listen and dont judge and see the light....

didn't want to quote all that...

You make it sound like Xbox games are unplayable. We agree that your games look better (some of us). I'll take a game sub 1080p/60fps if it is a fun game, even if my neighbor can play it at full specs...