How does the PS4 outselling the Xone effect me at all?

#61Laylow12Posted 2/13/2014 7:59:14 PM
spurrierzook posted...
With games, GPU is king.

X1 GPU is at 1.2 TFlops
PS4 GPU is at 1.87 TFlops

That's just over 50% more power right there.

Next important thing is RAM - memory bandwidth.

X1 RAM gives total bandwidth of 98 GB/s including eSRAM
PS4 RAM gives total bandwidth of 164 GB/s

That's just over 50% more power again.

Next it's CPU.

X1 CPU pushes 12MB of textures per sec, per core. 8 cores means 96MB per sec.
PS4 CPU pushes 16MB of textures per sec, per core. 8 cores mean 128MB per sec.

That's just under 50% more power.

Truth hurts?

It burns their skin because they paid more for less. Luckily i realized the limitations of the XBOX ONE early on when playing Dead Rising 3 and thinking it looked exactly like an XBOX 360 game. Then I played Forza and saw the crowd had been changed from what they showed at E3, a cardboard crowd was in the place of formerly a 3D crowd. I then saw cars costing over $100 dollars for sale for a single car and watched as Kinect 2.0 fumbled on voice commands and the friends list was buried and didn't notify you when friends were playing.

Amazon was wonderful about the return, thankfully and remarking that many XBOX ONE consoles were being returned for unsatisfactory performance.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#62prozac786Posted 2/13/2014 8:06:38 PM
Laylow12 posted...
spurrierzook posted...
With games, GPU is king.

X1 GPU is at 1.2 TFlops

Next it's CPU.

Truth hurts?

It burns their skin because they paid more for less. Luckily i realized the limitations of the XBOX ONE early on when playing Dead Rising 3 and thinking it looked exactly like an XBOX 360 game. Then I played Forza and saw the crowd had been changed from what they showed at E3, a cardboard crowd was in the place of formerly a 3D crowd. I then saw cars costing over $100 dollars for sale for a single car and watched as Kinect 2.0 fumbled on voice commands and the friends list was buried and didn't notify you when friends were playing.

Amazon was wonderful about the return, thankfully and remarking that many XBOX ONE consoles were being returned for unsatisfactory performance.

Actually I posted that. He was disputing it and quoted me then took the citation of my name out loool
---
PSN Prozac786
#63Laylow12Posted 2/13/2014 8:08:51 PM
prozac786 posted...
Laylow12 posted...
spurrierzook posted...
With games, GPU is king.

X1 GPU is at 1.2 TFlops

Next it's CPU.

Truth hurts?

Actually I posted that. He was disputing it and quoted me then took the citation of my name out loool

Sorry about that Prozac. I erased the wrong citation by mistake.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#64spurrierzookPosted 2/13/2014 8:35:32 PM
Well for a "50%" more powerful machine, it doesn't look or perform 50% better.

Like I said, I have both machines and support both, but I prefer Live and the PS4 has nothing after Killzone, which was only average and not as good as DR3 and nowhere near as fun as even the TitanFall Alpha.

Even developers have said that once they figure out the development process a little better for the X1, then the differences will be very small. Get that made-up 50% junk out of here.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#65MJFJDPosted 2/13/2014 8:39:35 PM
the only multiplats i regularly buy are bioware and bethesda games and I certainly dont buy them for the shiniest graphics. One of my favorite games last gen was dragon age origins and it was fugly on consoles.
#66RebelGameMasterPosted 2/13/2014 8:40:44 PM
spurrierzook posted...

Like I said, I have both machines and support both, but I prefer Live and the PS4 has nothing after Killzone, which was only average and not as good as DR3 and nowhere near as fun as even the TitanFall Alpha.

Even developers have said that once they figure out the development process a little better for the X1, then the differences will be very small. Get that made-up 50% junk out of here.

And yet you sig only shows a Gamer Tag. And you're defending the X1 over the PS4 with such zealous. Sure, we believe you.

On topic: I like how the TC thought that it wouldn't effect him at all, and yet people have come up with many good reasons as to how he will be effected by PS4's major success over the XBone.
---
THE XBONE: http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/576/502/388.jpg
#67spurrierzookPosted 2/13/2014 8:45:52 PM
RebelGameMaster posted...
spurrierzook posted...

And yet you sig only shows a Gamer Tag. And you're defending the X1 over the PS4 with such zealous. Sure, we believe you.

On topic: I like how the TC thought that it wouldn't effect him at all, and yet people have come up with many good reasons as to how he will be effected by PS4's major success over the XBone.

It's because I play all online on Live bc most of my friends do. I'm very excited for MLB: The Show when it gets released for the PS4. Infamous doesn't do it for me.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#68TheBonfiniPosted 2/13/2014 8:47:37 PM
Well, you wouldn't have felt the need to make a reassurance topic.
---
www.facebook.com/mikebonfini
Sapphic ladies - http://i.imgur.com/hU2rJ.jpg
#69prozac786Posted 2/13/2014 8:47:48 PM
spurrierzook posted...

Denial lol... It's not made up. It's official performance numbers posted by Sony and MS about their own machines. Feel free to verify that yourself.

And 50% more power is still 50% more power, no matter how you spin it.

We get games in 1080p. You get them same games in 720p. Btw 1080p is pushing twice the pixels as 720p. Power right there.

We get games like Tomb Raider and MGS in 60 fps. You get them in 30 fps. Again huge power advantage right there.

In fact PS4 does 1080p 60fps with room to spare. X1 does 720p 30 fps and maxes out.

Small difference indeed.. Lol

Yes, devs will become more familiar with the X1, but they will also become more familiar with the PS4. This performance difference will get more and more noticeable over time.

But feel free to close your eyes and block your ears, shouting, "No, No, NO!"

As if that will matter lol..
---
PSN Prozac786
#70PulpPosted 2/13/2014 8:50:47 PM
spurrierzook posted...
It's because I play all online on Live bc most of my friends do. I'm very excited for MLB: The Show when it gets released for the PS4. Infamous doesn't do it for me.

MLB the Show, another game with Microtransactions. I hate how devs are lubing up console gamers for a mobile marketplace...but I hate more that fellow gamers aren't boycotting these games.

Seriously...lame.

I used to think EA/etc was the devil...but now I understand they simply know a sucker really is born every minute.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.