Hey need help. How do I make it so the game fits perfectly in my tv screen

#1WTFNightmarePosted 2/13/2014 8:49:40 PM
For example playing battlefield 4 some of the hud and mini map is cut off and wont fit properly is this fixed from the xbox settings or tv?
---
I'll Teach You Fear.
#2LostOdyssey17Posted 2/13/2014 8:58:49 PM
Check your TV for the overscan setting. Turn it off (or on if its off) but turning it off sort of zooms out the screen.

/topic complete
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#3elbarto1Posted 2/13/2014 8:59:13 PM
Could be either or.
First check your TV. Should have a aspect ratio (size) button on remote. If not its in settings - or you have a crummy TV.

Anyway set it to "screen fit" if you have the option. If not experiment w the various setting you do have on your TV.

If that doesn't correct the overscan you'll need to look in each games sub menu for an option to adjust the screen usually under video settings.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#4WTFNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 9:02:49 PM
elbarto1 posted...
Could be either or.
First check your TV. Should have a aspect ratio (size) button on remote. If not its in settings - or you have a crummy TV.

Anyway set it to "screen fit" if you have the option. If not experiment w the various setting you do have on your TV.

If that doesn't correct the overscan you'll need to look in each games sub menu for an option to adjust the screen usually under video settings.

lol i can't find the remote but i'll experiment with the options thanks
---
I'll Teach You Fear.
#5WTFNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 9:02:57 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
Check your TV for the overscan setting. Turn it off (or on if its off) but turning it off sort of zooms out the screen.

/topic complete

kk
---
I'll Teach You Fear.
#6LostOdyssey17Posted 2/13/2014 9:06:15 PM
BTW, no matter what, I remember BF4 wouldnt PERFECTLY fit. But check overscan for sure.
---
I like to think I make some pretty good topics and posts, until they get modded shortly after.
#7WTFNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2014 9:14:31 PM
LostOdyssey17 posted...
BTW, no matter what, I remember BF4 wouldnt PERFECTLY fit. But check overscan for sure.

Oh maybe its just battlefield only? because i didnt really notice this for other games. Also for screen format settings all i see is FULL which is default and it wont let me go to zoom adjustments for that

besides FULL there are 4:3, H-FILL, ZOOM , JUST all of which are way worse than FULL so should I just use FULL (what i've been using but a little bit of the mini map is cut?
---
I'll Teach You Fear.