Article states Titanfall is real next-gen shooter, could be next Halo. Yes!

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Article states Titanfall is real next-gen shooter, could be next Halo. Yes!
3 years ago#1
After seeing videos I totally agree! And see? It's not hype, its from a professional who played it.

"Titanfall could be the most important game in years. Itís Microsoftís first Xbox One exclusive stab at the first-person shooter, the best-selling game genre there is. On March 11th, it could become the next Halo, the next Gears of War, at a time when neither of those beloved Microsoft franchises have stepped up. The title has the potential to be the killer app, the system-seller; this one game could potentially give Microsoft the lead in the latest console war.

Thatís not just hype. After three hours of playing the Titanfall multiplayer beta, I believe the game might actually have a shot. Thatís because, much like Halo when it first came out, Titanfall subtly reboots the first-person shooter genre.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5402862/titanfall-preview
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
3 years ago#2
It does look like a lot of fun. Not a huge fan of FPSs, but I think I'm gonna have to pick this one up.
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
3 years ago#3
Wow, talk about overhyping. One game is going to shift the general mindset that the cheaper and more powerful console is the one to own, a trend which continues to expand?
3 years ago#4
FadingLights posted...
Wow, talk about overhyping. One game is going to shift the general mindset that the cheaper and more powerful console is the one to own, a trend which continues to expand?

There are many topics slamming XB1 on here, feel free to join in the slaughter. But please leave a few topics alone for the fans.

Thank you and have a great day!
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
3 years ago#5
I'm not bashing the Xbox One, though. There's a difference between trolling and bashing, and telling the truth of the situation.
3 years ago#6
FadingLights posted...

Did you read where the author said he is not hyping the game, only stating the facts?
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
3 years ago#7
So it's a fact this game will turn the console war around single handedly and out the Xbox One ahead in sales worldwide?
3 years ago#8
FadingLights posted...
So it's a fact this game will turn the console war around single handedly and out the Xbox One ahead in sales worldwide?

"Turn the console war around" - what exactly is there to turn around? Both systems are doing very well, regardless if one is currently selling more than the other. Neither system is a failure.
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
3 years ago#9
FadingLights posted...

We need more posters like you. /sarcasm
3 years ago#10
Halo had a decent single player campaign, if it would have released with just the multiplayer element for $60 it wouldn't have done anywhere near as well.

Titanfall looks like a decent multiplayer game, but why anybody would spend $60-$70 on a multiplayer arena shooter and hail it as the 'next big thing' is beyond me.
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Article states Titanfall is real next-gen shooter, could be next Halo. Yes!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived