Article states Titanfall is real next-gen shooter, could be next Halo. Yes!

#1skermacPosted 2/14/2014 7:18:17 AM
After seeing videos I totally agree! And see? It's not hype, its from a professional who played it.

"Titanfall could be the most important game in years. Itís Microsoftís first Xbox One exclusive stab at the first-person shooter, the best-selling game genre there is. On March 11th, it could become the next Halo, the next Gears of War, at a time when neither of those beloved Microsoft franchises have stepped up. The title has the potential to be the killer app, the system-seller; this one game could potentially give Microsoft the lead in the latest console war.

Thatís not just hype. After three hours of playing the Titanfall multiplayer beta, I believe the game might actually have a shot. Thatís because, much like Halo when it first came out, Titanfall subtly reboots the first-person shooter genre.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5402862/titanfall-preview
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2GeistPosted 2/14/2014 7:20:11 AM
It does look like a lot of fun. Not a huge fan of FPSs, but I think I'm gonna have to pick this one up.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#3FadingLightsPosted 2/14/2014 7:20:53 AM
Wow, talk about overhyping. One game is going to shift the general mindset that the cheaper and more powerful console is the one to own, a trend which continues to expand?
#4GeistPosted 2/14/2014 7:23:57 AM
FadingLights posted...
Wow, talk about overhyping. One game is going to shift the general mindset that the cheaper and more powerful console is the one to own, a trend which continues to expand?

There are many topics slamming XB1 on here, feel free to join in the slaughter. But please leave a few topics alone for the fans.

Thank you and have a great day!
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#5FadingLightsPosted 2/14/2014 7:29:05 AM
I'm not bashing the Xbox One, though. There's a difference between trolling and bashing, and telling the truth of the situation.
#6skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 7:31:57 AM
FadingLights posted...

Did you read where the author said he is not hyping the game, only stating the facts?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#7FadingLightsPosted 2/14/2014 7:33:14 AM
So it's a fact this game will turn the console war around single handedly and out the Xbox One ahead in sales worldwide?
#8realyoshdawgPosted 2/14/2014 7:35:53 AM
FadingLights posted...
So it's a fact this game will turn the console war around single handedly and out the Xbox One ahead in sales worldwide?

"Turn the console war around" - what exactly is there to turn around? Both systems are doing very well, regardless if one is currently selling more than the other. Neither system is a failure.
---
XBL/PSN = yoshdawg
#9-FryShakeWad-Posted 2/14/2014 7:36:01 AM
FadingLights posted...

We need more posters like you. /sarcasm
#10MrSpaM111Posted 2/14/2014 7:37:19 AM
Halo had a decent single player campaign, if it would have released with just the multiplayer element for $60 it wouldn't have done anywhere near as well.

Titanfall looks like a decent multiplayer game, but why anybody would spend $60-$70 on a multiplayer arena shooter and hail it as the 'next big thing' is beyond me.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628