Hands up....

#21MADVILLAIN_MPosted 2/14/2014 8:58:47 AM
Lol.. tc.. just wow.
#22SrgtStalkerPosted 2/14/2014 8:59:13 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
So are we all in agreement that Halo would suck without a single player campaign, and Titanfall is the most amazing game ever to grace our eyes, even though it's multiplayer only, and probably has less depth to it than the Halo multiplayer? Doesn't look like many people on here would pay $70 for Halo's multiplayer? Or is Titanfall's multiplayer better than Halo's now? y'know that game that everybody said had the best multiplayer ever?

I thought Titanfall was supposed to be 'the new halo'? I thought this was supposed to be the big system seller? Seems most people think a game sucks if it doesn't have a single player campaign to back up the multiplayer element judging by replies?

Like I said, Halo started out with a single player campaign, people would be pissed at them if they all of a sudden changed it to multiplayer only as many fans enjoyed Halo's single player story. You can't enjoy a TitanFall's single player campaign because it never had one in the first place to enjoy. TitanFall is a new franchise and this is its first game so you can't compare it to an older one and say "Oh well that one had single player why doesn't this one?!?!?!"

Besides most people agree Halo 2/3 had the best multiplayer ever, not the overall franchise. If someone wants to pay $70 for whatever game they want, let them, it doesn't mean you have to buy it as well.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#23Juzten76Posted 2/14/2014 8:59:19 AM
Personally if it wasn't my thing, I'd just not buy it. Normally when other people want something I don't, the last thing I'll do is spend weeks trying to convince them they are wrong for having a different opinion. I move on and enjoy the games I do want.
#24Cornbread4lifePosted 2/14/2014 9:06:18 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
So are we all in agreement that Halo would suck without a single player campaign, and Titanfall is the most amazing game ever to grace our eyes, even though it's multiplayer only, and probably has less depth to it than the Halo multiplayer? Doesn't look like many people on here would pay $70 for Halo's multiplayer? Or is Titanfall's multiplayer better than Halo's now? y'know that game that everybody said had the best multiplayer ever?

I thought Titanfall was supposed to be 'the new halo'? I thought this was supposed to be the big system seller? Seems most people think a game sucks if it doesn't have a single player campaign to back up the multiplayer element judging by replies?

COD is basically a multiplayer only game that sells like crazy every year, and is a much more appropriate comparison for titanfall. Halo has always been more campaign-focused.

And yes, titanfall's multiplayer probably will be better than halo's. And hopefully COD's. Especially recent CODs....
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#25nickr2d2Posted 2/14/2014 9:07:29 AM
Ellesarien posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
Who is buying the new Halo if it doesn't have a single player campaign?

My God..we get it.

This Titanfall obsession by those that want to downplay it is so damn disturbing. It's like watching a portion of humanity unravelling as we watch.

The internet brings out the worst in people. It's sad to watch.

I still don't get why they care so much. Two boxes of friggin wires. Sheesh.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
#26darkshadowmasterPosted 2/14/2014 9:08:28 AM(edited)
No, but that's only because the Halo MP has consistently got worse over time with the most recent entry almost completely dying before the first year. Normally when I played Halo, it was for the campaign.

Titanfall looks like it will actually be fun, and I'm fine with MP only games as I loved games like UT & Brink (granted Brink was TOO barebones). There have been many games that I would only play their MP and never even glance at their SP (ex: CoD).
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.