Honest question

#1ricardohtPosted 2/14/2014 9:13:18 AM
I've recently bought the PS4 and I was planning on also buying the X1 this month. I've been a fan of the Xbox brand since the first came out and I enjoyed my 360 much more than my PS3.

However, the latest hardware sales have made me think twice before buying an X1. I'm worried third party support for the X1 might decrease with the slow sales and the slightly inferior hardware.

Does anyone honestly think or is afraid the X1 could go the way of the Dreamcast and die after a year o so? I don't wanna shell out $500 for a console that might die in a few months/years.
#2Skynet82997Posted 2/14/2014 9:20:28 AM
ricardoht posted...
I've recently bought the PS4 and I was planning on also buying the X1 this month. I've been a fan of the Xbox brand since the first came out and I enjoyed my 360 much more than my PS3.

However, the latest hardware sales have made me think twice before buying an X1. I'm worried third party support for the X1 might decrease with the slow sales and the slightly inferior hardware.

Does anyone honestly think or is afraid the X1 could go the way of the Dreamcast and die after a year o so? I don't wanna shell out $500 for a console that might die in a few months/years.

Guaranteed that will not happen.

It will likely lag behind PS4 in sales the entire generation, but complete collapse within a year?

Not a chance.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 2/14/2014 9:20:49 AM
Hey well if it does it does...in the mean time you will get access to a couple of great exclusives.

Maybe you should wait until the cheap one comes out...
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#4Mindwipe77Posted 2/14/2014 9:22:26 AM
its already sold MILLIONS, even though the ps4 is beating it, its not going to die like the dreamcast, this isnt sega its MS
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#5Vin_landPosted 2/14/2014 9:23:55 AM
There has been talk of dropping the entire games/console division but the likely hood of that happening is extremely slim.

It all comes down to how much money MS wants to spend to make developers stick with them and give them access to exclusive content and early map packs etc.

If the PS4 continues to stomp Xbox in sales then it won't matter in the long run.
#6GeistPosted 2/14/2014 9:27:35 AM
Ok in case you are honest I will answer in an honest way. We have no clue of the actual numbers first off. So it's not like XB1 sold nothing. MS said they were happy with the results, so I see no doom and gloom from them. And finally, last month XB1 rocked it. This months numbers don't make those sales disappear. So basically, don't worry and don't play the sales game. Enjoy what you will and do not worry. The future if the XB1 is bright and shiny just like the PS4's.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#7USFPosted 2/14/2014 9:29:22 AM
It's not a Wii U, you'll be fine. Buy if you're interested in what it has to offer.
---
Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed IV, Diablo III: RoS, Hearthstone.
#8ricardoht(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 11:25:25 AM
I'm really on the fence about buying it. I just dont' want to be selling the console on a year or two. Where I live I can get the Console with a free game and the price is fine. I'm also eager to get my hands on DR3 (I love zombie games) and I don't think it is coming out for PS4.

Anyone knows of this new SDK Microsoft is giving to the game developers? It's supposed to make it easier for them to get the power out of the console.
#9epicfailtryhardPosted 2/14/2014 11:29:26 AM
troll confirmed
---
"there's a devil laying by your side. you might think he's asleep but you'd better take a look at his eyes."-loverman, nick cave
#10PulpPosted 2/14/2014 11:33:10 AM
That is a valid concern TC. If you really look at the numbers, in January, Xbone sold 50% LESS consoles for that month than they did during the January of the Xbox360 launch.

That is a pretty huge dip, especially considering the gaming industry should have grown, not shrunk.

The fanboys will now come out and say "b-b-but it sold 2.29x faster for the first 3 months!". But the reality is, consoles always sell well at the holidays. Even the Wii U did...until January.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.