Is it worth getting last-gen versions of current-gen games?

#1N7SpectrePosted 2/14/2014 9:28:23 AM
I've wanted to try out games like ACIV, BF4, and CoD: Ghosts for some time now, but I'm still on my 360. How much better are the current-gen versions of these games compared to the previous generation?

Is it justifiable to simply hold off on them until I get an Xbox One?
---
"Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is MORE COWBELL!!!"
#2RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/14/2014 9:30:37 AM(edited)
COD you can just buy it now. BF4 is a significant upgrade in looks and player count so you may want to wait. Still good on 360 though.

GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go
#3bessy67Posted 2/14/2014 9:30:52 AM
Ghosts is a very minimal difference. The online might be a little more stable on Xbox One, but the community is also smaller so it's kind of a trade off. I can't really compare the others since I never played them on 360 but I do know BF4 has a lower player count on 360 (I think it's max 24 on 360, max 64 on Xbox One). AC4 I know nothing about on 360 but if it's anything like the X1 version get it. It's a great game.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4CraigBezzlePosted 2/14/2014 9:30:55 AM
COD Ghosts is basically the same on each platform. Not worth next gen.

BF4 is severely gimped on last-gen, current-gen is the only way to play. Only worth next gen.

AC4 is about the same on each console but the graphics are worth the bump, IMO.
#5NakedSnake1986Posted 2/14/2014 9:31:21 AM
BF4 is the only game for PS4 and XBone that is a huge leap in terms of graphics and gameplay from last gen. Its basically the PC version on consoles but the online is so broken you can't even play it.
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#6MJFJDPosted 2/14/2014 9:31:21 AM
most of them are cheaper on last gen and imo not significantly better on next gen. They do look better, but they are the same games and still look fine on xbox 360. If you hold off and buy an xbox one say at the end of this year, you are going to be more interested in the new COD/BF/AC
#7shads3055Posted 2/14/2014 9:36:38 AM
no because last gen is old and its now next gen.. go with whats new and better.
#8aheroafakePosted 2/14/2014 9:39:05 AM
If you enjoyed them.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#9Joey-ZazaPosted 2/14/2014 9:42:56 AM
I'd say yeah by the time you get a One, IF you feel like repurchasing them again I'm sure you can find them on sale you know how quickly Playstation and Xbox games depreciate.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-