Microsoft on X1 1080p drama

#1dolablaPosted 2/14/2014 9:21:56 PM
Good read: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-on-xbox-one-1080p-drama-it-s-all-a-game-of-trade-offs/1100-6417747/
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/14/2014 9:26:54 PM
So basically it's Crytek defending their game, nothing new
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#3656stoogePosted 2/14/2014 9:34:48 PM
Not to feed this troll crap that I'm sure everyone is fed up with, but these guys are missing the point.

It's not just that a bunch of X1 games aren't 1080p, it's that those same titles are higher res on the PS4.

Most people that aren't just running around trying to stir up crap are disappointed with the fact that the X1 isn't as powerful as it's competitor, even though it costs more.

Basically, and I'll just speak for myself here so as not to start some huge argument, but I'm basically pissed that they focused so much on multimedia and Kinect instead of trying to make the best gaming console they could.
---
My father is so Australian he's in prison.
#4jpraelsterPosted 2/14/2014 9:35:42 PM
656stooge posted...
Not to feed this troll crap that I'm sure everyone is fed up with, but these guys are missing the point.

It's not just that a bunch of X1 games aren't 1080p, it's that those same titles are higher res on the PS4.

Most people that aren't just running around trying to stir up crap are disappointed with the fact that the X1 isn't as powerful as it's competitor, even though it costs more.

Basically, and I'll just speak for myself here so as not to start some huge argument, but I'm basically pissed that they focused so much on multimedia and Kinect instead of trying to make the best gaming console they could.

real gamers are concerned more with gameplay
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/14/2014 9:36:44 PM
jpraelster posted...
656stooge posted...

Better hardware = better gameplay

Faster framerates = better/smoother gameplay

Higher Resolution = higher depth in game, etc.. all which effects game play
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You
#6jpraelsterPosted 2/14/2014 9:39:23 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
jpraelster posted...
656stooge posted...

Better hardware = better gameplay

Faster framerates = better/smoother gameplay

Higher Resolution = higher depth in game, etc.. all which effects game play

Every xbox one game I have played so far has great gameplay so yeah
#7656stoogePosted 2/14/2014 9:41:18 PM
jpraelster posted...
656stooge posted...

Exactly. And yet they made it a multimedia machine with a motion camera first and foremost.

...or was that not what you meant. :)

(Seriously though, "real gamer"? Please.)
---
#8jpraelsterPosted 2/14/2014 9:43:04 PM
656stooge posted...
jpraelster posted...
656stooge posted...

Exactly. And yet they made it a multimedia machine with a motion camera first and foremost.

...or was that not what you meant. :)

(Seriously though, "real gamer"? Please.)

Framerate and resolution doesnt mean anything if the game sucks
#9656stoogePosted 2/14/2014 9:49:25 PM
*sigh*

When you're talking about the same game, with the same exact gameplay, but they look and run better on a cheaper console, you don't see that as an issue?
---
#10FadingLightsPosted 2/14/2014 9:52:58 PM
So, all those multiplats that are performing better on PS4, where were the trade-offs? What were they? Microsoft, we don't expect you to up and admit your system is weaker, but please shut your mouth and cease trying to insult our intelligence by trying to spin that it's equal to the raw power of the PS4. It's not. And no optimisation will fix it.