Microsoft on X1 1080p drama

#41billsfanno1Posted 2/15/2014 4:34:53 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
looselink posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
Okay, let's do this: Show me a game, a single game that looks/run better on PS4.
Wanna play? Let's play then. I'll not wait forever so be quick.

Anyone?

Both battlefield 4 and COD: G in addition to TR run at higher framerates on PS4. The former to also run at higher resolutions as well and BF4 has more effect on PS4 in addition when compared to XB1.

BF4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo

CoD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pt_dkQK1LQ

TR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0PW_VGtKAI

Take your time, don't forget to watch in 1080p full screen.

PS. A game that should run at 30fps shouldn't hit 10fps (and bellow) most of the time right?

BF4: http://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-4-visual-analysis-ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-pc-xbox-360-vs-ps3

Well get this out of the way right now: The PS4 version looks better than the Xbox One version. Its not a far and away victory, but the differences are very noticeable. Of course, neither compare to the PC version in performance but well get to that.

CoD: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-call-of-duty-offers-better-framerate-than-ps4-1463163114

TR: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/01/tomb-raider-on-ps4-is-more-definitive-than-on-xbox-one/

GG no re

(INB4 "But I think they look the same, so they are the same!")

This topic is about the tradeoff between image quality and res/framerate. So what good does it do to post articles about PS4 having better res/framerate? We have seen time and time again how PS4 has fewer onscreen details, poorer textures and more fog compared to X1. BoneRevolution is giving you the opportunity to see this with your own eyes. Try to be at least a little open minded. This is important for PS4 owners! Are you going to continue to push for 1080p/60fps and accept downgraded image quality, or can you live with 900p to get better eye candy? I:SS is being downgraded so much to hit a target -- this was the game that potentially was going to get me to buy a PS4 but not anymore. Yet Ryse at 900p is stunning to me.
#42FadingLightsPosted 2/15/2014 4:39:36 AM
billsfanno1 posted...

This topic is about the tradeoff between image quality and res/framerate. So what good does it do to post articles about PS4 having better res/framerate? We have seen time and time again how PS4 has fewer onscreen details, poorer textures and more fog compared to X1. BoneRevolution is giving you the opportunity to see this with your own eyes. Try to be at least a little open minded. This is important for PS4 owners! Are you going to continue to push for 1080p/60fps and accept downgraded image quality, or can you live with 900p to get better eye candy? I:SS is being downgraded so much to hit a target -- this was the game that potentially was going to get me to buy a PS4 but not anymore. Yet Ryse at 900p is stunning to me.

Sorry, I'm going to take the word of most professional tech sites, who all agree that the PS4 versions are superior, over the defence of the Xbox One's most ardent fans.
#43billsfanno1Posted 2/15/2014 4:53:27 AM
FadingLights posted...
billsfanno1 posted...

Sorry, I'm going to take the word of most professional tech sites, who all agree that the PS4 versions are superior, over the defence of the Xbox One's most ardent fans.

That's the problem these days, people can't think for themselves or see things objectively with their own eyes.

When all the launch comparisons were being done, I would cover up the PS4 and X1 markings and show them to my family. Every time, every member of my family said the side that was showing the X1 version of the game looked best.
#44FadingLightsPosted 2/15/2014 4:56:31 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Every time, every member of my family said the side that was showing the X1 version of the game looked best.

LOL!! Yeah right. I believe that. It's all a conspiracy. These multiplat devs wanted to give the PS4 better framerate or resolution over the One, but better textures, etc, to the One versions just because. They weren't interested in complete parity between the two.

Oh brother, I've heard it all now. Once again, I'll believe every professional tech site and what devs themselves have been saying, over the rose-tinted views of an Xbox One fan.
#45ScreamingMidgetPosted 2/15/2014 5:08:17 AM(edited)
BoneRevolution posted...
Okay, let's do this: Show me a game, a single game that looks/run better on PS4.

You mean other than every single multiplat game?

You Xbots are hilarious..
#46billsfanno1Posted 2/15/2014 5:34:53 AM
FadingLights posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Every time, every member of my family said the side that was showing the X1 version of the game looked best.

LOL!! Yeah right. I believe that. It's all a conspiracy. These multiplat devs wanted to give the PS4 better framerate or resolution over the One, but better textures, etc, to the One versions just because. They weren't interested in complete parity between the two.

Oh brother, I've heard it all now. Once again, I'll believe every professional tech site and what devs themselves have been saying, over the rose-tinted views of an Xbox One fan.

Sony asks developers to target 1080p on PS4, MS lets developers decide for themselves on X1. No conspiracy, just the basic fact that you get what you ask for. Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but the greatest console generation was built upon this very contrast -- Sega Genesis (raw power) vs. SNES (graphics quality).
#47FadingLightsPosted 2/15/2014 5:42:38 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Sony asks developers to target 1080p on PS4, MS lets developers decide for themselves on X1. No conspiracy, just the basic fact that you get what you ask for. Maybe you're not old enough to remember, but the greatest console generation was built upon this very contrast -- Sega Genesis (raw power) vs. SNES (graphics quality).

Right, so the PS4 isn't more powerful. The specs and architecture that I've read with my own eyes, is just the same as the lower ones on the Xbox One.
#48SoulTrapperPosted 2/15/2014 8:32:26 AM(edited)
billsfanno1 posted...

This topic is about the tradeoff between image quality and res/framerate. So what good does it do to post articles about PS4 having better res/framerate? We have seen time and time again how PS4 has fewer onscreen details, poorer textures and more fog compared to X1.

But that's simply not true.
Show me one review that says this for any of those games.

BoneRevolution is giving you the opportunity to see this with your own eyes. Try to be at least a little open minded.

That's simply not true, if he would intend to do that, he would not post a link to youtube videos.

All of the articles I posted have screen shots and some have video showing the exact differences.

This is important for PS4 owners! Are you going to continue to push for 1080p/60fps and accept downgraded image quality, or can you live with 900p to get better eye candy? I:SS is being downgraded so much to hit a target -- this was the game that potentially was going to get me to buy a PS4 but not anymore. Yet Ryse at 900p is stunning to me.

Where do you get this "downgraded quality" from?
The games look better on PS4, this is a fact.
Not a single review concludes the xbox version to look better, you'd posted them if there were any.
#49looselinkPosted 2/15/2014 12:56:06 PM
BoneRevolution posted...
looselink posted...
BoneRevolution posted...
BoneRevolution posted...

Anyone?

Both battlefield 4 and COD: G in addition to TR run at higher framerates on PS4. The former to also run at higher resolutions as well and BF4 has more effect on PS4 in addition when compared to XB1.

BF4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lspjyu31Joo

CoD - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pt_dkQK1LQ

TR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0PW_VGtKAI

Take your time, don't forget to watch in 1080p full screen.

PS. A game that should run at 30fps shouldn't hit 10fps (and bellow) most of the time right?

It doesn't change the fact that, on average these games run at higher framerates on PS4. and also, why would you use Youtube? Youtube can only do 30FPS

And before you bring up ghosts being wonky on PS4, that was because it was running higher than 60fps and Infinity ward had forgotten to put the 60fps cap on it. This issue was patched months ago.
---
Yukimura Sanada
#50joe_davidPosted 2/15/2014 1:04:26 PM
Just to confirm TC, when The Order is released at 800p this holiday, we can point out how inferior it is to the sublime 1080pness of LocoCycle?
---
god of war 2 is the best game eva