Microsoft Recruiting Players To Hunt Xbox Trolls

#11loafy013Posted 2/15/2014 2:16:01 AM
aheroafake posted...
loafy013 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So Microsoft has officially started the Xbox One Defense Force, how pathetic lol

Microsoft is trying to make Xbox Live a more enjoyable and friendly place for the community. Who cares if they're outsourcing? I don't see what's so "pathetic" about it.

If these boards are any indication, a friendly and enjoyable place can have drastically different meanings. Mature people understand that criticizing something doesn't mean you are troll out to upset people. I would be worried about those who seem to be out of control like I've seen here. I could say there are 20 things I love about the Xbone and 1 thing I don't. Some people who read this would start yelling Troll!!! Pony!!! for whatever reason. It is those people who I think would be first to sign up and start reporting people for all the wrong reasons.

Do you really think Microsoft didn't realize this? Microsoft does have ways to ensure that none of the people doing this can wrongly punish others. I understand what you mean though.

I'm sure they did. I do worry that they end up wasting more time reviewing bogus cases while there are legitimate problems pushed to the end of the line.
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.
#12TaffmanGPosted 2/15/2014 2:18:51 AM
Enforcement United? Really?!

'You have 20 seconds to comply....your move creep'
#13aheroafakePosted 2/15/2014 3:08:35 AM(edited)
I'm sure they seperate teams that have their own tasks. I don't see this as wasting time. I'm sure Microsoft has had enough experience to get used to the huge amount of player reviews ever since Microsoft introduced the reputation system back in 2005.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#14IChangedMyNamePosted 2/15/2014 3:07:52 AM
aheroafake posted...
I'm sure they seperate teams that have their own tasks. I don't see this as wasting time. I'm sure they have had enough experience to get used to this huge amount of traffic ever since Microsoft introduced the reputation system back in 2005.

The same reputation system that has me at 28% trash talk, 9% disruptive and over 60% quit early?

That system is laughable and needs to be done with. I never even use a mic, especially in public games where I'm alone. Chromehounds is the reason I have a 60% quit early. It was a ritual for players to avoid you before a match that way itd save them time if they lost.

The idea is flawed, its self policing and I'm sure theres more bad seeds than good that take part. I've seen too many times on other sites where the ones with power dish it out but hate being served.

I've even heard players on XBL mention how they are part of such a program and will get another player banned or suspended just bc that person told the guy **** off in his defense of being ganged up on.

I don't see this type of thing EVER working the way its meant to tbh. But hey, I'm a pessimist.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#15aheroafakePosted 2/15/2014 3:09:15 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
aheroafake posted...
I'm sure they seperate teams that have their own tasks. I don't see this as wasting time. I'm sure they have had enough experience to get used to this huge amount of traffic ever since Microsoft introduced the reputation system back in 2005.

The same reputation system that has me at 28% trash talk, 9% disruptive and over 60% quit early?

That system is laughable and needs to be done with. I never even use a mic, especially in public games where I'm alone. Chromehounds is the reason I have a 60% quit early. It was a ritual for players to avoid you before a match that way itd save them time if they lost.

The idea is flawed, its self policing and I'm sure theres more bad seeds than good that take part. I've seen too many times on other sites where the ones with power dish it out but hate being served.

I've even heard players on XBL mention how they are part of such a program and will get another player banned or suspended just bc that person told the guy **** off in his defense of being ganged up on.

I don't see this type of thing EVER working the way its meant to tbh. But hey, I'm a pessimist.

Good for you.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | PSN ID: CapatanAznMan |
#16IChangedMyNamePosted 2/15/2014 3:11:36 AM
Thank you ^_^
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#17RyuuHou25Posted 2/15/2014 3:15:45 AM
So XBL is going to have mods with no credibility or accountability just like Gfaqs. There shall be the all powerful "My word is final" headmaster and that's that.

Yeah, that sounds like fun.....*sarcasm*
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#18bossk5Posted 2/15/2014 3:38:42 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
So XBL is going to have mods with no credibility or accountability just like Gfaqs. There shall be the all powerful "My word is final" headmaster and that's that.

You won't have to worry about it Mr. Psn... now will you?
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#19RyuuHou25Posted 2/15/2014 5:40:29 AM
bossk5 posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

You won't have to worry about it Mr. Psn... now will you?

Jesus you people really need to get your anger management and aggressiveness looked at.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#20CapwnDPosted 2/15/2014 6:26:20 AM
loafy013 posted...
aheroafake posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
So Microsoft has officially started the Xbox One Defense Force, how pathetic lol

Microsoft is trying to make Xbox Live a more enjoyable and friendly place for the community. Who cares if they're outsourcing? I don't see what's so "pathetic" about it.

If these boards are any indication, a friendly and enjoyable place can have drastically different meanings. Mature people understand that criticizing something doesn't mean you are troll out to upset people. I would be worried about those who seem to be out of control like I've seen here. I could say there are 20 things I love about the Xbone and 1 thing I don't. Some people who read this would start yelling Troll!!! Pony!!! for whatever reason. It is those people who I think would be first to sign up and start reporting people for all the wrong reasons.

You don't seem to know the difference of criticism and the trolling that people do here.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh