Rumor Microsofts Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon According to Insider

#1BigBossMakaveliPosted 2/15/2014 3:46:16 AM
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/15/microsofts-xbox-division-may-be-purchased-by-amazon-according-to-insider/
#2EgamingwayPosted 2/15/2014 3:47:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3Pantera_head667Posted 2/15/2014 3:51:33 AM
The guy who wrote that detailed article needs a promotion!
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#4Neutron15Posted 2/15/2014 4:15:15 AM
and people believe that lol
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#5BigBossMakaveli(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 4:28:49 AM
If someone would have said this a year ago i wouldn't have gave it any attention. But with the New CEO(don't know his view on xbox) Amazon wanting asset in gaming ie aquiring Double Helix. The constant rumors of investor wanting to get rid of xbox can't help but wonder though.
#6Neutron15Posted 2/15/2014 4:30:45 AM
BigBossMakaveli posted...
If someone would have said this a year ago i wouldn't have gave it any attention. But with the New CEO(don't know his view on xbox) Amazon wanting asset in gaming ie aquiring Double Helix. The constant rumors of investor wanting to get rid of xbox can't help but wonder though.

those investors are vocal but they are in the minority cause there are many (tons of) investors in MS so basically spit of interest
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#7billsfanno1Posted 2/15/2014 4:42:42 AM
I don't believe that for even a second.

But if MS decides to get rid of X1, Amazon would be an excellent landing spot for it. Both companies are in Seattle, so Amazon could likely retain a lot of the core X1 team.
#8Spetsnaz420Posted 2/15/2014 4:48:38 AM
I don't see why it would upset anyone... Amazon would be a great company for any console and I'll bet my last dollar they would treat gamers better than MS does
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#9LapanuiPosted 2/15/2014 4:52:02 AM
I wouldn't be upset in this decision at all.

I already own an X1, I would rather another company buy the brand then MS completely abandoning it and it to never receive support again.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#10Hi CPosted 2/15/2014 5:06:40 AM
Neutron15 posted...
BigBossMakaveli posted...

those investors are vocal but they are in the minority cause there are many (tons of) investors in MS so basically spit of interest

Just because they are minority doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about or aren't right.
Xbox division has not turned a LTD profit yet and it's over a decade old.

OG Xbox was a failure. 360 was a success but red rings destroyed the profit margins and 50% of the sales were actually replacing dead consoles.

Microsoft was gunning hard to get into advertising and taking over the living room since day 1 as their prime interest in Xbox, not getting into the gaming industry.
---
You'll be my John G.