Rumor Microsofts Xbox Division May be Purchased by Amazon According to Insider

#11Neutron15Posted 2/15/2014 5:09:50 AM
Hi C posted...
Neutron15 posted...
BigBossMakaveli posted...
If someone would have said this a year ago i wouldn't have gave it any attention. But with the New CEO(don't know his view on xbox) Amazon wanting asset in gaming ie aquiring Double Helix. The constant rumors of investor wanting to get rid of xbox can't help but wonder though.

those investors are vocal but they are in the minority cause there are many (tons of) investors in MS so basically spit of interest

Just because they are minority doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about or aren't right.
Xbox division has not turned a LTD profit yet and it's over a decade old.

OG Xbox was a failure. 360 was a success but red rings destroyed the profit margins and 50% of the sales were actually replacing dead consoles.

Microsoft was gunning hard to get into advertising and taking over the living room since day 1 as their prime interest in Xbox, not getting into the gaming industry.

hmm, the same guy has said amazon dont have the profits lol
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#12PoweredMilkManPosted 2/15/2014 5:27:22 AM
Some guy on twitter said this, I believe everything on twitter. What happens to the rumor about amazons android powered console?
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#13GeistPosted 2/15/2014 5:31:24 AM
Guess the troll well is finally drying up.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#14PoweredMilkManPosted 2/15/2014 5:32:29 AM
Geist posted...
Guess the troll well is finally drying up.

Nah they will dig deeper in the internets and find something
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#15SUPER3METROIDXPosted 2/15/2014 5:47:15 AM
This would make a lot of sense for Amazon.
They have their prime service they've been trying to push which only kindle owners really use and while kindles sell well for a single product, they sell poorly for pushing an entire ecosystem.
Amazon could get rid of live and just add it to their prime fees so you'll pay $100 a year and get live, prime videos and streaming, the free shipping for amazon items and more. Plus with Amazons massive server network, live would be no problem for them.
They could use the xbox dashboard to put all their adds for other products to sell. For example you turn on your xbox and ads for things to buy related to your last amazon purchases pop up.
They might even put in game streaming options, letting you pay fees to stream games and play them.

Basically they could treat xbox how they treat all other markets aka selling a product below cost and putting ads all in it and getting you to buy into their services.
#16stevieb1234567Posted 2/15/2014 5:53:08 AM
Yup just heard. Looks like there in talks now to purshase it.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#17jjordan0002Posted 2/15/2014 5:59:09 AM
Rumor Sony to sell their Playstation Brand to cover debts and losses
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#18BloodyDove2vsPosted 2/15/2014 6:01:32 AM
News coming after the release of Titanfall. ^^
---
1080p is the Holy Grail of HD resolution minus the XB1M13.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#19BigBossMakaveli(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 6:02:27 AM
jjordan0002 posted...

Don't start that and you wonder why trolls flock here.
#20Neutron15Posted 2/15/2014 6:11:42 AM
jjordan0002 posted...

and buys Nintendo :D or so
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI