Just saw exact how much space i am using on my HDD...

#11SoulTrapperPosted 2/15/2014 8:34:29 AM
I think it's because devs aren't compressing things anymore.

They had to last gen, due to 360 only using DVDs.
They don't need to bother anymore now they can use blue-rays.
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/15/2014 8:37:20 AM
krystyla posted...
PC games were held back by last gen and didn't get current gen versions yet.

Ladies and gentlemen, this ^ is ignorance at its finest.
---
3770K w/ 780 TI SLI gaming powerhouse.
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#13Merc123Posted 2/15/2014 8:44:47 AM
I don't think its that bad because we have sleep modes now included. I mean its still not a great situation that we can't just boot our games and play but you can just install in a low power state while you sleep. I guess it sucks that you can't just put a game in because you feel like playing it out of nowhere and start it up instantly.

I think its worse than last gens though, at least for Xbox, because 360 let you swap out hard drives when they made bigger ones. I think it was a really stupid idea to limit the HDD swapping this time around. At least PS4 does let you but its still more complicated that doing it with 360.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#14shads3055Posted 2/15/2014 9:03:20 AM(edited)
for now im fine with my space I have 5 games but 1 I uninstalled already since I never play it.

in the future if xbox one comes out with the all digital system I may trade in my xbox one for it but for now im ok with the memory I only plan on getting maybe 4 or 5 games between now and nov or dec.
#15bgwilly255Posted 2/15/2014 10:12:46 PM
I was shocked too. I only had %50 of my HDD full though, but that was with only Ghost, Forza, BF4, Ryse, and KI. No apps or demos. I'm actually kind of worried now about my HDD future. I have over 30 games for the 360 so there is obviously no way I can have that many in the future with XB1. Sure you can delete the games you play less frequently, but would it not become a hassle to have to reinstall games over and over again when you want to play them?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#16Lawboy2Posted 2/15/2014 10:20:14 PM
I don't think ppl know how the cloud works....if ur not playing a game uninstall it and it's saved on the cloud whether u downloaded or bought it on the disk
#17bgwilly255Posted 2/15/2014 10:33:35 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
I don't think ppl know how the cloud works....if ur not playing a game uninstall it and it's saved on the cloud whether u downloaded or bought it on the disk

So you're saying that I can uninstall the game and then when I want to play it again I just pop the disk in and not have to reinstall?

So does that mean after I install a game after the 1st time playing, I can just uninstall it from my HDD and play it off the cloud, thus having unlimited HDD space?
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#18CaIiber345Posted 2/15/2014 10:35:10 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

So you're saying that I can uninstall the game and then when I want to play it again I just pop the disk in and not have to reinstall?

So does that mean after I install a game after the 1st time playing, I can just uninstall it from my HDD and play it off the cloud, thus having unlimited HDD space?

---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 14
#19Blood_ViolencePosted 2/15/2014 10:39:46 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

No.

All he is saying is that your SAVE GAME stays alive in the cloud.

If you uninstall a game from your Xbox One, and you want to play it again at a later date, you will have to wait through a lengthy install time again before playing due to the tiny HD space.
#20Lawboy2Posted 2/15/2014 10:42:16 PM
bgwilly255 posted...
Lawboy2 posted...

No I'm saying if you have 20 games u can't play all of them at once....play 5 or 6 at one time then uninstall the rest...the games uve played will save and u install them back when ur ready to play