Just saw exact how much space i am using on my HDD...

#31OUberLordPosted 2/15/2014 11:34:34 PM
I just wish the Xbox One let you back up game downloads to a USB hard drive. I understand not being able to play the game off of one, but at least let me save a non-playable archive over to one.
#32Lawboy2Posted 2/15/2014 11:36:13 PM
OUberLord posted...
I just wish the Xbox One let you back up game downloads to a USB hard drive. I understand not being able to play the game off of one, but at least let me save a non-playable archive over to one.

That is what the cloud does
#33_Elite_Bushido_Posted 2/15/2014 11:38:26 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
krystyla posted...
PC games were held back by last gen and didn't get current gen versions yet.

Ladies and gentlemen, this ^ is ignorance at its finest.

Look at NBA 2k14 on pc
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
PS4, Mediocrity awaits. --------- FC: 0834-1795-7959
#34sonicteam2k1Posted 2/16/2014 12:22:13 AM
I don't understand why can't we just play the games off the disc. They hold 25GB of data. I'm sure they can come up with a way go load the data off the disc faster. I'm sure they think that loading off the disc is slower so that's why you have to install, but they're too lazy to come up with tech that reads/seeks and loads of the disc faster.
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#35pigboyPosted 2/16/2014 12:39:49 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I don't understand why can't we just play the games off the disc. They hold 25GB of data. I'm sure they can come up with a way go load the data off the disc faster. I'm sure they think that loading off the disc is slower so that's why you have to install, but they're too lazy to come up with tech that reads/seeks and loads of the disc faster.

Totally agree; I don't understand why either.

They have this technology long time ago; it is called caching. It has been used since the "original" Xbox 1 & other consoles with a hard drive long time ago. I don't understand why the more powerful "next gen" console need to have the full game installed in order to play the game.
#36yiangaruuugaPosted 2/16/2014 12:40:54 AM
If you own 20+ games and you decide to play games 1-3, then you're in the minority. The majority of people do not go back to play games, especially if they are basic single-player games such as DmC, MGS:R, etc. If they are games like Borderlands, Skyrim, etc., maybe, but most people will play a game or 3 until the next batch comes out. Personally I own Condemned 2, FO:NV, and a few other games, but I haven't played them in years, because I'm always playing something new.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#37godslayer61Posted 2/16/2014 12:41:52 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
Rod1984 posted...
I'm mad that I am already using 70% of hard drive space and I barely downloaded anything, all bc of mandatory installs, I have a 320gb hdd for my xbox 360, and after almost 2 years after all the downloads and installs, i still have like 150 gigs left, and I have a lot of games on there much more than xbox one, just shocked that its filling up this quickly, and I dont want to delete either bc what if I want to go back to ryse? going to have to delete something else then sit there for 40 min waiting for ryse to reinstall again? screw that

Just remember these are not gen games more space because there is more to the games. 500gb this gen is like owning a 60-80gb system last gen. Delete some apps, maybe you can delete the install and keep the save on ryse but idk, haven't looked.

then they should have given a bigger drive or gave us a choice or better yet do like Sony and let us go buy our own and put it in our selves , they are pushing for more digital stuff and they think that 500 gigs is enough lol 1 terabyte is not even close to enough and I know because I prefer digital games and I am maxed and already have bunch of stuff deleted because of no space.
---
psn-kish1975 ---- (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975---3ds=name, kish1975-FC-5386-9140-2291 ---http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#38sonicteam2k1Posted 2/16/2014 12:44:59 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
If you own 20+ games and you decide to play games 1-3, then you're in the minority. The majority of people do not go back to play games, especially if they are basic single-player games such as DmC, MGS:R, etc. If they are games like Borderlands, Skyrim, etc., maybe, but most people will play a game or 3 until the next batch comes out. Personally I own Condemned 2, FO:NV, and a few other games, but I haven't played them in years, because I'm always playing something new.

you don't speak for most people
---
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games
#39Lawboy2Posted 2/16/2014 12:46:52 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
yiangaruuuga posted...

you don't speak for most people

I agree with him....20 games is a lot of games...that s including all the apps...can u even name 20 games u played at once
#40LanternOfAshPosted 2/16/2014 1:34:17 AM(edited)
God, I feel like it's early 2013 in here. The whole memory issue was beat to death already once they revealed the system. Mandatory installs were one of the first things they told us.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!