Just saw exact how much space i am using on my HDD...

#41Blood_ViolencePosted 2/16/2014 6:18:48 AM
Lawboy2 posted...
OUberLord posted...
I just wish the Xbox One let you back up game downloads to a USB hard drive. I understand not being able to play the game off of one, but at least let me save a non-playable archive over to one.

That is what the cloud does

The point you seem to be missing, perhaps even intentionally at this point, is that:

Xbox 360 Saves on: Hard Drive, USB, Cloud

Xbox One Saves on: Cloud

Isn't this going backwards? I think a "backwards compatibility" joke could be made here.
#42Blood_ViolencePosted 2/16/2014 6:23:05 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
If you own 20+ games and you decide to play games 1-3, then you're in the minority. The majority of people do not go back to play games, especially if they are basic single-player games such as DmC, MGS:R, etc. If they are games like Borderlands, Skyrim, etc., maybe, but most people will play a game or 3 until the next batch comes out. Personally I own Condemned 2, FO:NV, and a few other games, but I haven't played them in years, because I'm always playing something new.

Your opinion about what the "majority of people" do is just that: an opinion. You can speak only for your own personal tastes. As for myself, the mood still strikes me to play games from 2007 on my 360 often. Or games from my PS2 from 2001 for that matter.
#43PippyThePooperPosted 2/16/2014 6:33:39 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
God, I feel like it's early 2013 in here. The whole memory issue was beat to death already once they revealed the system. Mandatory installs were one of the first things they told us.

True, but a problem doesn't stop being a problem just because more time passes and people talk less of it.

The issue also keeps popping up because of various factors. First, the reveal that the hard drive's actual size was just 360GB of the 500GB, then the size of the games, and now the fact that Microsoft has FINALLY let you view the statistics of the hard drive via the recent update.
---
I've always wondered why an adult would accept a non-paying job such as being a moderator. It has become clear to me now that that no adult would. Or has.
#44OUberLordPosted 2/16/2014 2:01:25 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
OUberLord posted...
I just wish the Xbox One let you back up game downloads to a USB hard drive. I understand not being able to play the game off of one, but at least let me save a non-playable archive over to one.

That is what the cloud does

No it doesn't. The cloud only backs up game saves; and either way my transfer speed to/from a USB drive is faster than my download speed from any internet source.
#45cloudtheprophetPosted 2/16/2014 2:01:57 PM
crynryan posted...
Rod1984 posted...
PC games arent even that big

The beta for Titanfall is over 12 gigs, and that's just 2 maps and some of the weapons.

Lol, Titanfall is only 5 gigs
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet GT: Cloudtheprophet
#46bgwilly255Posted 2/16/2014 2:43:24 PM
yiangaruuuga posted...
If you own 20+ games and you decide to play games 1-3, then you're in the minority. The majority of people do not go back to play games, especially if they are basic single-player games such as DmC, MGS:R, etc. If they are games like Borderlands, Skyrim, etc., maybe, but most people will play a game or 3 until the next batch comes out. Personally I own Condemned 2, FO:NV, and a few other games, but I haven't played them in years, because I'm always playing something new.

Who the hell buys a game and plays it once? If your going to do that just rent the games. You cannot sit here and say that the "majority" of gamers "do not go back and play games". You have no idea what your talking about and are only making conclusions off your own personal experience.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.