Full first mission of Thief gameplay

#1cheezedadadaPosted 2/15/2014 7:15:07 PM(edited)
Not sure if anyone saw this, its the first mission of Thief coming in at 17 minutes 39 seconds. Actually looking pretty good. Hopefully the same can be said for the game itself. As a huge fan of the original Thief games, I want this to turn out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQhxHmptS8#t=120

February 25th. Anyone going to grab Thief in a couple of Tuesdays?
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#2ry_mannPosted 2/15/2014 7:14:54 PM
I'm thinking about it. I have the previous titles but never sat down and really got into them.

How closely does this one follow the others?
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#3cheezedadada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 7:26:10 PM
ry_mann posted...

How closely does this one follow the others?

I guess it still stars Garrett and is focused on stealth gameplay, so most of the game will be spent sneaking around and trying to avoid heavy combat. I don't know too much else besides what I am seeing in the videos though. Hopefully it ends up being decent because I have always wanted a new Thief game after not being a huge fan of Deadly Shadows.
---
#4f0rcaPosted 2/15/2014 7:34:11 PM
Thanks for the link. Looks promising, I'll be waiting for a few reviews to come in just to be on the safe side/to get a general consensus of the game. I enjoyed deadly shadows and dishonored so hopefully thief will turn out great as well. I REALLY hope it's not too linear though, that would kill it for me. I liked dishonored's fairly open levels.
---
GT: PREV4IL PSN: myNinthLife
#5cheezedadada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2014 7:41:28 PM
f0rca posted...
Thanks for the link. Looks promising, I'll be waiting for a few reviews to come in just to be on the safe side/to get a general consensus of the game. I enjoyed deadly shadows and dishonored so hopefully thief will turn out great as well. I REALLY hope it's not too linear though, that would kill it for me. I liked dishonored's fairly open levels.

No problem! As much of a fan as I am, I will also be waiting for reviews. I usually dont rely on them to make a decision, but I need to hear a few opinions first about this before making the leap. From a video with commentary, it was mentioned that the levels had some open spots or at least areas with multiple routes to take. From the sounds of it, it seemed similar to dishonored's semi-linear but also fairly open levels with choices.
---
#6Xmas_HatPosted 2/15/2014 7:42:24 PM
Looks pretty cool. I'll probably wait for reviews though
---
PS4 PSN: naturebased
#7cheezedadada(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 4:20:12 PM
Xmas_Hat posted...
Looks pretty cool. I'll probably wait for reviews though

Same. Don't know enough about the game yet.

First and final bump for anyone who hasn't seen it.
---