I can't stand the AI in Titanfall. Why not just fill positions with players?

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/16/2014 2:52:38 PM
Apparently, everyone got a beta code but me, but a friend got it and I played on his XB1. The game seems okay in a lot of aspects. In all honesty, it's not as massive as the hype makes it out to be, but it's certainly not bad.

The stupid AI grunts are definitely the worst part about the game. Maybe filling in all AI positions with real players might have been too cramped for the map sizes, but it doesn't need to be a full 16vs16 players. 10vs10 or 12vs12 would have been a lot better than 6vs6. Better than killing mindless walking targets, that's for sure. Might as well not be shooting at anything at all, then.

I don't even know why I'm writing this topic down, though. I'll just get called a fanboy troll for voicing my opinion in that Titanfall isn't the best thing since sliced bread, and that it might have some realistic flaws. I guess reviews are what'll really shape the game in the gamerbases' eyes.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that has criticisms is a troll.
#2kidwgmPosted 2/16/2014 2:54:37 PM
I have only played the game for a couple hours and I have no idea why people complain about that A.I. As I'm playing I shoot anything that has a red tag over it. Eighty percent of the time I couldn't tell you if it was A.I or another player.
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#3SigmaLongshotPosted 2/16/2014 3:00:25 PM
By creating the persona of "the Pilot", you've already assumed the role of an elitist, important character who is more able, more important, to Titanfall's universe.

Even by name alone, "the grunt" is nothing more than fodder. They exist solely to absorb ammunition and fall down. But they are portrayed as humans. Why be humans, but mere meat to be consumed?

To anyone with any capable mind, the answer is super-obvious.

By creating a human character in the "pilot" in the upper echelons of the race, you have achieved what Halo, Perfect Dark and Turok had by the first level - a "human who is something more". Whether it's a super-strong hybrid, a super-cool spy, or a "chosen one", by grounding yourself in humanity yet retaining an air of super-awesome special status, you achieve the perfect balance of investment in a player.

What, you didn't want the exact psychology of it?
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#4Cornbread4lifePosted 2/16/2014 3:00:43 PM
Play Last Titan Standing. AI is a non-issue. And you wouldn't want more than 6v6 there, it's crowded enough as it is.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#5L96A1BOSSPosted 2/16/2014 3:00:50 PM
kidwgm posted...
I have only played the game for a couple hours and I have no idea why people complain about that A.I. As I'm playing I shoot anything that has a red tag over it. Eighty percent of the time I couldn't tell you if it was A.I or another player.

Lol a online mp only game yet you have no idea or care if if you battling bots or having real pvp fight wow mind blown that's why I stick to BF4 plus I for premium until something better arrive.
#6kidwgmPosted 2/16/2014 3:03:39 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...
kidwgm posted...

Lol a online mp only game yet you have no idea or care if if you battling bots or having real pvp fight wow mind blown that's why I stick to BF4 plus I for premium until something better arrive.

More power to you. BF is horrible to me. Can you connect to play the game yet? Last I heard the game was broken.
---
#7OUberLordPosted 2/16/2014 3:06:35 PM
This topic is new, exciting, and has never been done before on page one of this board.
#8ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 3:06:43 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
By creating the persona of "the Pilot", you've already assumed the role of an elitist, important character who is more able, more important, to Titanfall's universe.

Even by name alone, "the grunt" is nothing more than fodder. They exist solely to absorb ammunition and fall down. But they are portrayed as humans. Why be humans, but mere meat to be consumed?

To anyone with any capable mind, the answer is super-obvious.

By creating a human character in the "pilot" in the upper echelons of the race, you have achieved what Halo, Perfect Dark and Turok had by the first level - a "human who is something more". Whether it's a super-strong hybrid, a super-cool spy, or a "chosen one", by grounding yourself in humanity yet retaining an air of super-awesome special status, you achieve the perfect balance of investment in a player.

What, you didn't want the exact psychology of it?

The terminology of the story context should by no means be a law to restrict the core competition of the gameplay. Why not have a map filled with more "elites" then? That excuse does not explain the circumstance whatsoever. The devs already stated they chose the number we have now for balancing issues, but I think they chose wrong. I'd rather be killing enemies that properly fight back than braindead grunts.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that has criticisms is a troll.
#9L96A1BOSSPosted 2/16/2014 3:07:30 PM
kidwgm posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
kidwgm posted...

More power to you. BF is horrible to me. Can you connect to play the game yet? Last I heard the game was broken.

Key word is last time you heard. Game lock up 1 time on me in the last month on PS4 that way better than getting kick out every single match like at launch.
#10kidwgmPosted 2/16/2014 3:09:25 PM
L96A1BOSS posted...
kidwgm posted...
L96A1BOSS posted...
kidwgm posted...

Key word is last time you heard. Game lock up 1 time on me in the last month on PS4 that way better than getting kick out every single match like at launch.

Well, my fiance has the game and gave up on it long ago because it released so broken.
---