Do you actually use the Kinect?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you actually use the Kinect?

User Info: eatbeef40

eatbeef40
2 years ago#1
If so, for what? I personally dont use it because I've never been fond of having a camera being pointed at me. Plus you never know what could truly be going on behind that camera, even when its supposedly "off".

User Info: ImThe8thWonder

ImThe8thWonder
2 years ago#2
I use it to turn my Xbox on or off. I don't use it for anything else.
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that has criticisms is a troll.

User Info: Winnsock

Winnsock
2 years ago#3
I use it to turn Xbox on/off, change the channels, say orders in Ryse and fling zombies off me in DR3. It's not an essential piece of equipment by any means, but I did set it up and it does work well.
GT: Winnsock

User Info: Samfu303

Samfu303
2 years ago#4
to sign in and record game clips
Not Changing Sig until the Golden State Warriors win a 2nd NBA Championship. (Started July 14th 2011)

User Info: Ironman06

Ironman06
2 years ago#5
I use it to control netflix and to switch between different applications.

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
2 years ago#6
Skype, beats the macbook according to my parents. Let's my kid see them. Gamewise, I considered trying forza out with it but never have.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30

User Info: death cloud

death cloud
2 years ago#7
For everything. I don't pick up the controller until I say "Xbox play 'x'". Other than that I'm just using Kinect to control things. I can't imagine using the controller to navigate the system, it has to be slower by orders of magnitude.
Let's all try to be nice.

User Info: LooksLikeRain

LooksLikeRain
2 years ago#8
*goes to unplug it.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you do that, David."
Is that a W shirt?

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
2 years ago#9
Just to turn my system on and off, or while i pause Amazon Instant video. I sometimes use it in Dead Rising to stun the bosses. Oh and i use it for chat since MS gave me a busted headset. It works pretty well for all of these, and my friend said he had no idea i was using kinect to chat when we played.

Other than that not so much. I would have probably gotten a kinectless model if they had one but kinect is kind of neat packed in. I do hope developers support it and try to do cool things with it since its with all XB1's
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim

User Info: JonnyBigBoss

JonnyBigBoss
2 years ago#10
I use it often. It's a fast and easy way to get around.
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you actually use the Kinect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived