My Review of Titanfall!

#1IMProdiGYPosted 2/16/2014 5:39:16 PM
First and foremost, this is just my opinions. I am not trying to persuade anyone.

Titanfall is a pretty damn fun game. The game is definitely a user friendly game. You can be great or a total noob and you will get ur Titan. The part where being good comes in on really how many times you get a Titan and how you use them.

In almost every game I played I payed close attention to the actual game and score. To figure out what is going on. All I can say is it's all about the Titans. How you use then is so important. And when you use them is just as inportant.

I will break down my opinions in categories. I will grade out of a 10 point system as a overall game. When I read reviews and like to drop one whole point or add a whole point. These are opinions and what you think sucks may be good to me. I base my score on controls, gameplay, pace, and balance. Graphics and sound do add to it, but the most best looking game does not mean the game is good.

GRAPHICS: The game is running at a lower res and framerate at the moment for the beta, but the game still looks good. Yes, these looks are not next-gen. TF is bright and crips around the edges.

The pilots, bots, and Titans look really good. People want to mention X1 vs 360 and I can promise all you have to is compare Ghosts on 360 vs X1. Thatwould be my best bet Iin how different they will look. The game is not ugly. I was one who thought the was ugly based off of video gameplay.

The engine seems a little old IMO I know they are using a Source engine. But this that said the game is good looking and there is no pop ins at all frim my view. My only issue was that when there are Titans doing battle at close to mid range the framerate drops. Not enough to really hurt the fame, but it is noticable. BUT this is only when 3-4 titans are fighting one another.

SOUND: Let's just say bullets are flying everywhere and it sounds great. It's not BF great, but surprisingly good. You can tell the difference between when a Titan's machine gun is going off compared to a pilots. The missles and rocket launchers also sound great.

You are constantly being informed about when ur Titan is near and also being informed when you're out numbered by Titans. Let's just say never fight 2 titans by yourself. The basic alerts of losing or gaining points is announced and also when winning or losing.
---
You know you're old when you know what flipping a game means!! glhf
#2IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 5:42:22 PM
CONTROLS/PACE/GAMEPLAY: This where TF shines. Any fan of the COD control scheme will be damilar and happy. This is really where TF and COD feels the same. TF is 6v6 for real human players and the rest are bots. Now TF is getting a lot of grief for this, but all I can say is that it works.

I understand what they are teying to do. The game is fast paced and 9 out 10 times you do not even know you're shooting ot looking at a bot or human player. On the mini map large triangles are Titans. Large red dots show human players while small red dots show bots. If you kill a bot 10 seconds are knocked off the time of when you're Titanfalls and 20 seconds are knocked off when you kill a Pilot which is a human player.

The balance right now feels right. Human controlled players are Pilots which are the big boys and they take more to kill where as the bots are the bums of the army and it takes very little to kill. The guns feel good and accurate. A little too accurate for some. There are different cards you can get during a game to give you a boost. Not like a death streak though. It is well put. This was not in the alpha version. The feels is just so damn good. The parkour is just fun and something so different it makes the game its own. There are 2 maps. One for a more parkour small blocks for Titans. Leads to a lot of close quarter battles for Titans and the other is a luttle less parkour, but a lot of open space for Titans.

Like said before, everyone gets a Titan. Your skill comes down to how you use them and how many you get during the game. The Titans feels heavy, but fluid. They run slow, but have a burst that can kunge then back, forward, left , and right. This is what you do to hurry up to a spot or get out of danger. If not for the Titans this game would be another mediocre FPS.

When you see a Titan as a Pilot ur first instinct is like "Oh S**T". It's a very rewarding feeling to be dominate vs Pilots and Bots when playing as a Titan. The game is far from realistic and people need to realize this game is not trying to be real. Now if the military had troops with jetpacks or are able to drop in mech units to fight then I would understand the talk.

The games is fast paced and it feels geeat. Ther is almost never any down time. The fact that you can run and gun is what needs to be done, but feels freat to slow it down when in Titan battles. Its a great feeling when you're playing Hardpoint Domination which is a combo of those 2 games in COD. But its a great feeling when ur holding down lets say B and there are 2 Titans lurking around the building or area. You look out a window there is one and you go around back and look out another window there is the other. The sound makes these giants feel overpowering. You will never win Pilot vs Titan 1-1.

Overall the game is fun the controls are freat and I think we needed a new type og shooter in this genre.

My score is: 8.5/10
---
#3The JackassPosted 2/16/2014 5:45:25 PM
I think this is a fair review for the game and the score seem right to me.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#4IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 5:54:11 PM(edited)
The Jackass posted...
I think this is a fair review for the game and the score seem right to me.

Thank You, I knowI forgot some things like the fact you can't go prone which is a great thing because that would lead to balance issues. I did not mention the type of perks or guns, but I wanted to focus on the gameplay more then anything. The guns and perks will not add or take away from my overall score.
---
#5The JackassPosted 2/16/2014 6:00:36 PM
It's ok, sometimes you don't need a really in depth review to get points across for a game. It's like when I was a kid and you had all those gaming magazines giving out reviews most times there was a write up about as long as you did and maybe a couple categorizes of bulletin points with a score.

In short you did good.
---
"Were you born in the backseat of a bumper car or something?" - Dark Syde X 3226 regarding HH1's stupidity
#6Jedi454Posted 2/16/2014 6:05:47 PM
You can't do a review on a beta lol.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#7IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 6:07:29 PM
The Jackass posted...
It's ok, sometimes you don't need a really in depth review to get points across for a game. It's like when I was a kid and you had all those gaming magazines giving out reviews most times there was a write up about as long as you did and maybe a couple categorizes of bulletin points with a score.

In short you did good.

Well, I thank you for the time. I know it was long, but it seems people like to rip you when ur stright forward. And I do remember when I was a kid I thought the thing, but not more so on games I care about I like u depth reviews. A game like Ryse would gotten worse reviews if not for it's looks. To me Ryse was more of a full point (s) higher.

I grade on the actual game and take things like looks out of it. There a hand full of games which recieved high review based off of looks and gameplay was mediorce.
---
#8IMProdiGY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2014 6:13:53 PM
Jedi454 posted...

You do know that betas or about 95% of the final product right! Betas or to fix any issuses with the game like dropping through maps and stuff like that. Betas or more to test servers more then anything. The balance will not change they will wait for release to deal with those issues.

Yea there will be more Titans, maps, perks, and guns in the final product. BUT right now in the beta ur playing the final product when it comes to gameplay. More that the beta is less then a month before release. Now if it was a few months before then I understand ur comment.
---
#9Lawboy2Posted 2/16/2014 6:28:17 PM
IMProdiGY posted...
Jedi454 posted...

You do know that betas or about 95% of the final product right! Betas or to fix any issuses with the game like dropping through maps and stuff like that. Betas or more to test servers more then anything. The balance will not change they will wait for release to deal with those issues.

Yea there will be more Titans, maps, perks, and guns in the final product. BUT right now in the beta ur playing the final product when it comes to gameplay. More that the beta is less then a month before release. Now if it was a few months before then I understand ur comment.

No...this only has 2 maps...and 2 game modes...where do u get 95%
#10BSerenityPosted 2/16/2014 6:29:09 PM
Lawboy2 posted...
IMProdiGY posted...
Jedi454 posted...

No...this only has 2 maps...and 2 game modes...where do u get 95%

Are you really that dense?
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.