Metal Gear Solid V Resolution Confirmed: 720p (PS3/360/Xbone), 1080p (PS4)

#221Ramsus082Posted 2/23/2014 3:41:07 PM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
archibald3 posted...
pwnater777 posted...
Miiri0 posted...
FadingLights posted...
Glad to see my thread is still going and stimulating such healthy debate.

Yeap. The main defend I headr is human eyes cant detect more than 720p and 60fps. so now, by embracing the logic, its ok for xbone to focus on 720p only. the crazy more expensive price tag wont change though. Lol

Even if that bogus is true (it isn't) about human eyes only being able to detect 720p, wouldn't you still want your console to do the best it can do? That's like even if you're only able to go up to 100mph in a car, wouldn't you want to at least be able to say that it can do 150mph?

http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/images/articles/Luther-Resolution-Large.jpg

https://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

http://obamapacman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/iTunes-720P-vs-1080P-video-quality.jpg

I want the console my friend have , with the controller i prefer , the online service i prefer ,with the exclusives i prefer , and with the kinect for my girlfriend and kids. Pretty hard to grasp i guess...the computing power is just one aspect. It`s astonishing to me that this is so hard to understand. If computing power were THE number one i wouldn`t even buy a console...

It's astonishing to me that some people like you still don't know what a troll and/or fanboy is

Did you see his previous post? He literally said that he goes around looking for troll posts and "calls them out", and cited his reason for doing it because it makes his board a better place.

Him and Skynet are the George Zimmerman neighborhood watch of X1 boards.

"Is that a troll!? On my corner of the Internet? Aw mah gawd!

*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*

You're doing the Lord's work, gentlemen!
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#222blitz_0623Posted 2/23/2014 4:00:20 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Did you see his previous post? He literally said that he goes around looking for troll posts and "calls them out", and cited his reason for doing it because it makes his board a better place.

lmao funny stuff.
In other words i wont let a troll get me into a whole 10 page 1080p debate - which they start , often in some subtle fashion , then fade into the background. i just call them out. To each their own.

You didn't get into a whole 10 page 1080p debate but you did get into a whole 10 page "you are a troll" debate. Apparently calling them out is different from actually engaging them in a debate.

Like I said apparently he doesn't know what the definition of a troll is.
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#223archibald3Posted 2/24/2014 2:51:55 AM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

lmao funny stuff.
In other words i wont let a troll get me into a whole 10 page 1080p debate - which they start , often in some subtle fashion , then fade into the background. i just call them out. To each their own.

You didn't get into a whole 10 page 1080p debate but you did get into a whole 10 page "you are a troll" debate. Apparently calling them out is different from actually engaging them in a debate.

Ramsus082 posted...

It`s funny to me that you continue to call me out. So i call out trolls and their ridiculous behavior on this board. What a crazy thing to do. Here you are ; don`t even own an Xbox , think it`s the inferior console , and sit on it`s message board day in and day out basically saying the same thing over and over again. You`re questioning my behavior ? I call an idiot an idiot when i see one. You sit posting messages on a video game board of a console you don`t even own. Not just occasionally , day in and day out. It`s unbalanced behavior dude and pretty freaking childish. Take a look in the mirror my friend.
#224archibald3Posted 2/24/2014 2:53:11 AM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

lmao funny stuff.

Yes calling them out is completely different than getting in a 10 page debate over the superfluous content of their drivel. Do i need to explain to you why ? I address the troll with what i want to talk about - not what the troll wants to talk about , and if you really need the lesson here it is ; trolls dont like talking about the fact that they`re trolls. On this board trolls want to talk about why the ps4 is superior to the Xbox One or some thinly veiled variation thereof . Period.

As for me not knowing what a troll is i`d say someone who doesn`t own an Xbox One sitting on the Xbox One message board every day posting negative things , mocking and making sracastic remarks about the company , it`s owners and the product pretty much FITS THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF A TROLL.

" In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers."

bOOM
#225BushidoEffect3Posted 2/24/2014 3:20:01 AM
^ lol george zimmerman.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#226blitz_0623Posted 2/24/2014 7:16:51 AM
archibald3 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

lmao funny stuff.

Yes calling them out is completely different than getting in a 10 page debate over the superfluous content of their drivel. Do i need to explain to you why ? I address the troll with what i want to talk about - not what the troll wants to talk about , and if you really need the lesson here it is ; trolls dont like talking about the fact that they`re trolls. On this board trolls want to talk about why the ps4 is superior to the Xbox One or some thinly veiled variation thereof . Period.

As for me not knowing what a troll is i`d say someone who doesn`t own an Xbox One sitting on the Xbox One message board every day posting negative things , mocking and making sracastic remarks about the company , it`s owners and the product pretty much FITS THE LITERAL DEFINITION OF A TROLL.

" In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers."

bOOM

Congrats you graduated Troll academy. Semantics much? My point still stands. How about I rephrase my original statement:

You have absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with a troll.

You actually think engaging them in a discussion YOU want to talk about is different from a discussion about what THEY want to talk about.

Have you realized how many pages this topic has reached because of your back and forth bickering about how they spend "all day posting negative s*** about a console they don't own"?

If you didn't keep calling them out they wouldn't keep responding to your futile comments but nooooo you wholeheartedly believe what you're doing is saving this board while in fact all you're doing is contributing to the problem.

You don't know what I'm talking about, how about you visit this thread over at the PS4 boards and observe what happens.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68622177
---
PM me if you add
#227archibald3Posted 2/24/2014 1:30:57 PM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
Congrats you graduated Troll academy. Semantics much? My point still stands. How about I rephrase my original statement:

You have absolutely NO IDEA how to deal with a troll.

You actually think engaging them in a discussion YOU want to talk about is different from a discussion about what THEY want to talk about.

Have you realized how many pages this topic has reached because of your back and forth bickering about how they spend "all day posting negative s*** about a console they don't own"?

If you didn't keep calling them out they wouldn't keep responding to your futile comments but nooooo you wholeheartedly believe what you're doing is saving this board while in fact all you're doing is contributing to the problem.

You don't know what I'm talking about, how about you visit this thread over at the PS4 boards and observe what happens.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/68622177
---
PM me if you add

Look i have no beef with you . I`m not sure why you`re even carrying this on but you seem to have the opinion that your way of doing things and how you see this situation is the final word. Just like everyone else on the internet. I don`t agree it`s pretty much as simple as that. There`s no comparison to the ps4 board that is relevant here. This place is over run with trolls and ps4 fanboys. They out-number the actual Xbox One owners. Different rules apply. The mods can`t even keep up. I saw a tweet from one where he said he could hardly believe how crazy it had got on here.

Let me use an analogy. Your method is fine when you have one zombie and 10 survivors in a room. It doesn`t work when it`s the other way around. When a troll makes a topic or posts on the ps4 board he is mocked or ignored. When a troll makes a topic or posts here a horde descends upon it to discuss it for 10 pages , and it`s not a horde of Xbox One owners and fans. It`s a horde of those who hang around here and have a bone to pick with Microsoft or just enjoy stoking the fire , mixed with trolls and ps4 owners and a few hapless Xbox fans trying to keep their heads above water.

I`ve tried every method and , frankly nothing really works. I`m not on a crusade i`m just fed up and i`m going to point out stupid when i see stupid. What i`m not going to do is stand passively by and watch this community die without any protestation.
#228blitz_0623Posted 2/24/2014 1:43:28 PM
Again, it's back to my original point. It depends on how you deal with trolls and it seems you finally realized nothing works because that's exactly what I think should be done - nothing. Mods are really the only ones who can limit the trolling on this board and they suck at it.

Let them have their immature discussions, if you just add them to your ignore list then you can actually have a civil discussion with actual fans on this board.

But hey, you're not the only one on a mission here. I have to admit it's amusing to see you and the other board defenders attack the trolls. Carry on
---
PM me if you add
#229BushidoEffect3Posted 2/24/2014 11:38:40 PM
cheerio.
---
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
To toxic board: FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
#230RaRitsujunPosted 2/25/2014 5:49:09 AM
Virobot posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Excellent, buy it for the format which you own, if it interests you. I'm assuming that's your dilemma. If you want the version with higher pixels, fair play. But if you're actively choosing a system based solely on the pixel count, god help your future spawn.

I spent the night playing the Titanfall Beta and Super Smash Bros Melee all night, neither are 1080p, and had a sickening degree of fun.

So basically I should buy a crappy apple peeler for the apple I own, instead of a better apple peeler for less money?

K.

LOL
This.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.