Do we use our video game entertainment systems?

#1thegrimgunnerPosted 2/17/2014 6:24:05 AM
In modern times I wonder. Do we actively play video games this is really only a question to forum owners. Owning a VIDEO game console is unlike supporting a football team. To really take part one must actively be a part of the community by purchasing a console and to critique others one would have to own both consoles or at-least have used both for long periods of time and even them one would only really be able to glimpse into a system of sorts. Updates come and go and change systems entirely.

So we as gamers place our trust in these systems. Systems for entertainment purposes and vote with our wallets.

Frame rate , resolution and even to an extent graphical fidelity are all non issues to us the GAMER. Why is this? Speak to people outside of the conclave you call a forum and ask them what is FPS? They will tell you First Person Shooter. Ask them do they care what resolution the video game they play runs at and they will tell you no. Video games are an experience one meant to be enjoyed one that sucks you in and dosent let you go until every nook and cranny has been explored and every bullet battered your opposition into the dirt.

So I ask you again. Do you play your systems or do you spend all your time reading about technical information that will not benefit you in any form or manner. Unless you plan on designing video games.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#2Jedi454Posted 2/17/2014 6:30:40 AM
I think gamers should be complaining about the real issues, like games being made properly (not battlefield 4), as well as DLC practices, micro-transactions, price, content with purchase. Those things matter 1000x more than the resolution needing a slight upgrade.
---
The Xbox One board should be renamed to the Official "Troll Here" board.
#3LapanuiPosted 2/17/2014 6:35:56 AM
Jedi is right.

As long as your console works, you are happy with your purchase, then there really shouldn't be a problem. If you are having problems with your console, then you have a right to complain.

$100 or even 80 isn't a lot when you purchasing something that is already expensive anyway. You get warranty on both devices anyway, so if it does crap out on you, you can get a replacement either by MS or you can send it back to the retailer if they offer that service.

People who talk about FPS, resolution, graphics and any other technical aspect of a system most likely knows nothing about it at all. In this generation, they all seem like marketing or buzzwords to get people hyped and excited for something. They are the new "innovation", "experience", or even "gimmick".
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#4thegrimgunner(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 6:40:08 AM
I agree there are a lot more problems going on then Frame Rate and resolution.
We have bad business practice , DLC has been an issue for ages, Digital game sales costing way to much money .
On the Xbox a lack luster implementation of online features whether this be due to re-coding from the ground up or sheer laziness.
---
Psn: IIGrimsonII (Not currently active) Xbox GT: II Krason II
PC/Steam Krason
#5Laylow12Posted 2/18/2014 11:33:27 PM
thegrimgunner posted...
I agree there are a lot more problems going on then Frame Rate and resolution.
We have bad business practice , DLC has been an issue for ages, Digital game sales costing way to much money .
On the Xbox a lack luster implementation of online features whether this be due to re-coding from the ground up or sheer laziness.

I think its due to them launching before ready. Sources have said the XBOX ONE wasn't due to release until fall of this year but they got scared when Sony announced release date. It's clear the UI party system, friend list are horribly broken and thats just the beginning.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#6jumbocatPosted 2/19/2014 12:01:11 AM
thegrimgunner posted...
Frame rate , resolution and even to an extent graphical fidelity are all non issues to us the GAMER.

...Do you play your systems or do you spend all your time reading about technical information that will not benefit you in any form or manner.

Lapanui posted...
People who talk about FPS, resolution, graphics and any other technical aspect of a system most likely knows nothing about it at all.

I think the most infuriating thing about xbone fanboys is that they're not content to just say something like "Yeah I know game x isn't in 1080p but that doesn't really matter to me". No. They pretend that such things cannot matter to anyone and anyone who is concerned with such things is a liar, fool or not a Real Gamer(TM). People care about this stuff. It's not a new thing.

I think people would be more informed if they could change graphics settings on a console like you can a PC. Being able to tweak settings on the fly and see the tangible difference between certain FPS and resolutions is an eye opening experience.

And I love grimgunner's quote above. What are frame rates and resolution if not an objective measure of "graphical fidelity"?
---
ED
AC
#7NSGraphitePosted 2/19/2014 12:13:46 AM
Sounds like a lot of butt-hurt to me.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#8GirlyPowahPosted 2/19/2014 12:18:45 AM
Waay too much to read at 2 am.