Former IGN editor tweets: Thief 900p/30fps on XBone, 1080p/30fps on PS4

#141xiTz_RyaNxPosted 2/25/2014 4:59:40 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Fine by me. I won't be able to notice a difference that small. Can't wait to play this on X1. It looks a lot like Dishonored which was one of my favorite games of 2012.

Looks great, played all night and enjoyed it.
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it. Jack of Blades > All.
#142themystPosted 2/25/2014 9:15:57 PM
I recall Halo 3 being 640p. Bottom line, if you have a larger set or sit very close to your TV, you'll notice the difference. Native resolution always looks better than an upscale, bottom line.

Anyone who claims they can't notice the difference between 1280x720 and 1920x1080 on a PC game needs to lay off the booze or get their eyes checked out (seriously).

I wouldn't let resolution deter me from enjoying a game that's an XB1 exclusive. However, Titanfall is one game that I'll be enjoying on the PC as opposed to my XB1.
#143SedatedPosted 2/25/2014 9:45:18 PM(edited)
mokmuud posted...
Sedated posted...
Running this game maxed out on about a 7 year old PC.

I do have a bit of a newer video card - 7870 XT

Processor is old as sin - Q9550, It's OC'd to 3.6 now because the thing is probably dying and can't handle a 3.8 OC anymore.

Running the game at 60 fps... very rarely a small section will drop to 50.

The new consoles are pretty pathetic, it's really sad that my PC still manages to whip them both and I'm in pretty bad need of a new processor at the least.

You posting this on a console board is pathetic.
Also nobody cares about your PC.

Why would anyone care about my PC? It's not that great...yet it still bends over the "next gen" consoles. That's all.

---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.
#144benjimainPosted 2/25/2014 9:48:02 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
This whole resolutiongate thing is starting to get annoying now. And I just purged my blocked list too. Ah well.

Don't like reminding that the other console gets the better multiplats eh?
#145zxghostravenxzPosted 2/25/2014 9:54:38 PM
You know, I keep seeing all these resolution/fps threads everyday. My question to all of you is this: what if some if us really actually don't care about resolution or fps? What if some of us actually do like out Xbox 1's even though we paid an extra $100 for it? What if some of us actually don't have any quarrels with the other brand? And don't go spouting "oh you must actually do care about fps and resolution, otherwise console gaming wouldn't have come this far and you blah blah blah....." For crying out loud I still play my Super Nintendo. So what does that make us gamers who....you know.....actually just GAME?
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
FC: 0877-0470-0429
#146Rome218Posted 2/26/2014 2:36:27 AM
I guess most people know Thief dips in frames on the PS4 while the xbox one maintains 30 fps well. Google it for numerous articles.

Thief would have been better off at 900p for PS4. I said it before, both systems will settle on lower resolutions later on. PS4 is struggling to play Thief at 1080p, that is not a good sign to me.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#147Aceviper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 3:24:30 AM(edited)
Rome218 posted...
I guess most people know Thief dips in frames on the PS4 while the xbox one maintains 30 fps well. Google it for numerous articles.

you mean 1 article written by a massive fanboy? Seriously, the writer of the article was one of those praising the old drm plans

every other article on the issue is saying that both are having massive problems and contradicts that article
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#148Rome218Posted 2/26/2014 3:17:52 PM
Aceviper posted...
Rome218 posted...

you mean 1 article written by a massive fanboy? Seriously, the writer of the article was one of those praising the old drm plans

every other article on the issue is saying that both are having massive problems and contradicts that article

I have the game and I can confirm it is running well, on the PS4 boards there is a thread someone made.

Again, I said numerous articles. Show me the article you are talking about so I can show you a different one.

The developers know how important 1080p is on PS4, so they made it 1080p and the end result is a game that does not play well as the XB1 version, making this multi better on the xb1.

I don't think most people can look at a screen, even at 60 inches, and bet their own life on which version of a game is 1080p or 900p.

Resolution is part of the equation, and I think as this gen progresses, we will see other things added to the game and both systems will sacrifice resolutions in order to accommodate these newer engines that will come out. I know now we're using last gen engines, but you have to think that we are going to venture into better ones later, and it's going to take up a lot.

Perfect Dark on XBLA is 1080p and 60 fps but it doesn't do anything to an old game on an old engine.
---
http://kotaku.com/5938996/the-worst-internet-trolls-might-be-mentally-ill
#149Aceviper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2014 3:22:15 PM
Rome218 posted...
I have the game and I can confirm it is running well

Yep, don't need to bother. Claiming Thief is running well kills all credibility
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#150mokmuudPosted 2/26/2014 3:23:38 PM
Aceviper posted...
Rome218 posted...
I have the game and I can confirm it is running well

Yep, don't need to bother. Claiming Thief is running well kills all credibility

I've had no issues with Thief. Runs fine for me.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539