Was Cloud Processing a lie made to deceive gamers?

#1MuryoPosted 2/17/2014 11:07:48 AM
Was Cloud processing a lie? - Results (370 votes)
Yes
71.89% (266 votes)
No
19.46% (72 votes)
Don't know
8.65% (32 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So many big name tittles reported to run on last gen resolutions and fps with no mention of the cloud to optimize them, was it all a scam to make the X1 look good?
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#2kennyynnooPosted 2/17/2014 11:09:48 AM
I love the use of the cloud in forza 5, for racing its great.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#3ILikeGamesManPosted 2/17/2014 11:10:24 AM
I would say make this thread again in a year or two. Making a poll about games utilizing anything within 3 or so months from release means nothing. Of course everyone is going to vote yes.

You have to realize that games coming out now have been in the works for years. Do this poll again when it actually matters.
#4LanternOfAshPosted 2/17/2014 12:13:39 PM
No, it wasn't a lie. People are just ignorant and don't understand what it is and seriously overestimated it's abilities.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#5DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/17/2014 12:15:23 PM
LanternOfAsh posted...
No, it wasn't a lie. People are just ignorant and don't understand what it is and seriously overestimated it's abilities.

It was probably talked up a lot by a certain last-place console maker
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/article_misc/graphics_horse.gif
#6DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/17/2014 12:15:52 PM
Wow, these numbers are staggering. Gamers don't like being lied to. No one does.
---
Enslaved is the most under-appreciated game of the 7th generation.
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/article_misc/graphics_horse.gif
#7gobuffalo30Posted 2/17/2014 12:16:02 PM
From what they said out the gate, yes. From what people were saying on this board before the system was even released, no (depends who was saying it and it wasn't the super pro xbox one supporters).
#8AnakeriePosted 2/17/2014 12:16:31 PM
Everything is a lie. Life is a lie. Except for the part where the entire XBox One is a way for Bill Gates to watch people pee.

Bill Gates LIKES watching people pee. The fact that most people won't have their XBoxes in the bathroom is something that really never occurred to him...
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#9SteelToothPosted 2/17/2014 12:18:28 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

It was probably talked up a lot by a certain last-place console maker

What did Nintendo say about the Cloud?
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#10singhellotakuPosted 2/17/2014 12:19:34 PM
the cloud has always been a lie on everything that uses it, cloud = internet, in most cases its just external storage in the xbone's case it's just a semi functional form of the ability to pull external processing power that the ps3 supposedly had. I would think the gaming community would be smart enough to not fall for that.
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot