Was Cloud Processing a lie made to deceive gamers?

#41RaRitsujunPosted 2/18/2014 8:05:53 PM
orestes1981 posted...
Cloud processing is OLD tech. It has been around a long time. It was spread by people that realized that MS Fanboys are not the smartest people in the bunch (latency, bandwidth, availability of high speed internet, etc).

Precisely.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#42lunaticcorePosted 2/18/2014 8:07:01 PM
Clearly it was all a lie since they aren't doing it at launch.
#43pigboyPosted 2/18/2014 10:47:50 PM
orestes1981 posted...
Cloud processing is OLD tech. It has been around a long time. It was spread by people that realized that MS Fanboys are not the smartest people in the bunch (latency, bandwidth, availability of high speed internet, etc).

This!
#44Trespasser2003Posted 2/19/2014 7:04:12 AM
It's the new blast processing.

It's not a *lie*, but it doesn't do what people think it does.
---
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.
#45kennyynnooPosted 2/19/2014 7:07:58 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
I love the use of the cloud in forza 5, for racing its great.

My first reply answered this, its used and I like it. I don't see a racing game on ps4 doing this, its very cool and makes single player racing fun. If they use it with traffic cars on forza horizon 2 it will be amazing.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#46nonexistingheroPosted 2/19/2014 7:46:31 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
No, it wasn't a lie. People are just ignorant and don't understand what it is and seriously overestimated it's abilities.

MS themselves made statements about having like 3 additional Xbox One's in terms of power through cloud computing, so they are the ones misleading people. On top of that, it's a useless technology. It requires a fast and stable online connection and is most likely complex to program.

I see it as a huge waste of money for gimmick that only has marketing purposes. They might as well have just put in a stronger graphics card... on the other hand, it just would've been a PS4 with a different brand name in that case, from a technical point of view.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.