Was Cloud Processing a lie made to deceive gamers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was Cloud Processing a lie made to deceive gamers?
2 years ago#41
orestes1981 posted...
Cloud processing is OLD tech. It has been around a long time. It was spread by people that realized that MS Fanboys are not the smartest people in the bunch (latency, bandwidth, availability of high speed internet, etc).

Precisely.
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
2 years ago#42
Clearly it was all a lie since they aren't doing it at launch.
2 years ago#43
orestes1981 posted...
Cloud processing is OLD tech. It has been around a long time. It was spread by people that realized that MS Fanboys are not the smartest people in the bunch (latency, bandwidth, availability of high speed internet, etc).

This!
2 years ago#44
It's the new blast processing.

It's not a *lie*, but it doesn't do what people think it does.
Itchy itchy. scott came. ugly face so killed him. Tasty. 4// itchy. tasty.
2 years ago#45
kennyynnoo posted...
I love the use of the cloud in forza 5, for racing its great.

My first reply answered this, its used and I like it. I don't see a racing game on ps4 doing this, its very cool and makes single player racing fun. If they use it with traffic cars on forza horizon 2 it will be amazing.
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
2 years ago#46
LanternOfAsh posted...
No, it wasn't a lie. People are just ignorant and don't understand what it is and seriously overestimated it's abilities.

MS themselves made statements about having like 3 additional Xbox One's in terms of power through cloud computing, so they are the ones misleading people. On top of that, it's a useless technology. It requires a fast and stable online connection and is most likely complex to program.

I see it as a huge waste of money for gimmick that only has marketing purposes. They might as well have just put in a stronger graphics card... on the other hand, it just would've been a PS4 with a different brand name in that case, from a technical point of view.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was Cloud Processing a lie made to deceive gamers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived