The Titanfall Hype, Explained

#41AwizarddiditPosted 2/20/2014 12:18:20 PM
jakethenoob posted...
You're not stuck watching kill cams of people demolishing you with far superior weapons, realizing it'll take you ages before you can level up enough to get your hands on one of those.

You don't feel hopeless playing Titanfall. You feel encouragement. Every goal—every weapon you lust over—is one that excites you, not that you dread just thinking about. Every kill—even the easy AI ones—gets you closer to leveling up and therefore closer to those unlocks. So even if you can't seem to kill other pilots with the frequency as those players on the top of your team's leaderboard, you can still get a feel for success on the battlefield.

This is the kind of crap that needs to stay out of FPS games. Otherwise they will never get better again.

This is the same BS they teach kids, it's not the winning that counts it's the fact that you tried your best that's important which turned into, its not the winning that counts but the fact that you entered.
---
Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!
#42The_WeeabooPosted 2/20/2014 12:24:57 PM
kotaku.com

Welp... so much for this article.
---
Nippon Banzai!
#43TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:41:07 PM(edited)
Awizarddidit posted...
jakethenoob posted...
You're not stuck watching kill cams of people demolishing you with far superior weapons, realizing it'll take you ages before you can level up enough to get your hands on one of those.

You don't feel hopeless playing Titanfall. You feel encouragement. Every goal—every weapon you lust over—is one that excites you, not that you dread just thinking about. Every kill—even the easy AI ones—gets you closer to leveling up and therefore closer to those unlocks. So even if you can't seem to kill other pilots with the frequency as those players on the top of your team's leaderboard, you can still get a feel for success on the battlefield.

This is the kind of crap that needs to stay out of FPS games. Otherwise they will never get better again.

This is the same BS they teach kids, it's not the winning that counts it's the fact that you tried your best that's important which turned into, its not the winning that counts but the fact that you entered.

But then people who aren't good at shooters have something to strive for... do your best and strive to do better when you see that you're at the bottom of the leaderboard at the end of a match.

Winning does count. It'll tell you right there.
---
Always O.G.
#44TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:43:51 PM
The_Weeaboo posted...
kotaku.com

No don't leave to go squeeze your Japanese love pillows!

Here's another link that I posted:

http://www.popsci.com/article/gadgets/titanfall-most-addictive-game-ever#pzgIxYlXdCfj3pTC.01
---
Always O.G.
#45VIC10U5Posted 2/20/2014 12:47:32 PM
jakethenoob posted...

http://troll.me?p=328611
#46TheSilentRavenPosted 2/20/2014 5:12:58 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
TheSilentRaven posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
TheSilentRaven posted...
TBONE_OG posted...
How's the hype now? Still good? Yes?

Okay cool.

Yes, I just wish I could try out the other Titan classes, it makes me a saaaad panda.

Dude.... YOU CAN!

If you play enough and unlock challenges, you'll get an Ogre or Stryder Titan burn card at some point.

I got an Ogre. It was damn tough. Has a shield boost for the special.

Damg really? Well it's over now so I'll just have to wait.
Ive already assumed that the Ogre has 1 dash and is a heavy obviously and the Strider has 3 and is the fastest but sacrifices durability.

You are correct in your assumptions. I was lucky enough to get an Ogre and a Stryder.

The Stryder is a bit weak. Do not fight an Atlas one on one. And you better dodge all pilot anti Titan weapons. But man, the Stryder is fun to use because he dashes like crazy, they regen very quickly too. And the Drive core is unlimited dash so you can't be hit. Crazy stuff.

Unlimited dash sounds insane!
#47The_WeeabooPosted 2/20/2014 5:16:06 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
The_Weeaboo posted...
kotaku.com

No don't leave to go squeeze your Japanese love pillows!

Time better spent than with Titanfall, TBQHIEHO.
---
Nippon Banzai!