Predict the price cut

#21ALegendaryNoobPosted 2/17/2014 5:09:11 PM
MS most likely will not remove the Kinect from any XB1 models, they have invested way too much time, money, and resources into it to just remove it from the equation. People need to accept this and just get over it. As for the price cut, didn't they already say that they were going to release a white version of the XB1, and a Blue ray-less digital only console with a bigger HDD? Without the disc player they could easily drop the price a $100, but with the bigger HDD it could also keep the price the same. Only time will tell though. I honestly don't care though, since I bought mine day 1.
---
DS Friend Code: 2509 - 2496 - 6623 and Pokemon Y IGN: Robbie
XBL Gamer Tag: A LegendaryNoob
#22HeracylostPosted 2/17/2014 5:14:03 PM
Drop the Kinect

350.00 out the door, I'm on board. Otherwise not interested.
#23Paul_AtreidesPosted 2/17/2014 5:19:55 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
Again, there is no chance that the first price cut will be $100. The only way that will happen is for them to drop Connect but that ain't happening.

I stand by the assertion that Gold will get its price hiked at the same time as any price cut on the box.

I disagree. $50 off $500 doesn't mean much. if they cut it to $450 they are more clueless than i thought, $50 off won't move consoles. $450 is still a very unappealing number for xbone
#24GalvatronType_R(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 10:30:26 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
Again, there is no chance that the first price cut will be $100. The only way that will happen is for them to drop Connect but that ain't happening.

I stand by the assertion that Gold will get its price hiked at the same time as any price cut on the box.

I disagree. $50 off $500 doesn't mean much. if they cut it to $450 they are more clueless than i thought, $50 off won't move consoles. $450 is still a very unappealing number for xbone

Concur that a $50 cut won't do much but if Microsoft insists on including Connect (which they will do), that's the only feasible price they will carry that will still give them profits on the console.
#25EGMRULZPosted 2/18/2014 10:38:16 AM
I think it'll be a $50 cut with a free game thrown in so technically if you do the math it really depends on the value of the game being given. I don't think they'll release a kinect-less system until later on in the lifecycle maybe in 2 or 3 years from now.
---
PC & Consoles > Everything