Unfair that you have to pay for Xbox Live to use paid streaming services.

#41Ch3wyPosted 2/17/2014 3:03:41 PM
AftComet posted...
tl:dr

lot of speculation, very little fact. Bottom line Microsoft is charging for something that virtually everyone else offers for free.

Bottom line is that Netflix is allowing them to do so.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001
#42ThePaleRiderpPosted 2/17/2014 3:10:52 PM
Ch3wy posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Izec posted...
Ch3wy posted...
They could easily tell Microsoft to either remove the paywall for it or remove it entirely. Netflix is a big deal, Microsoft would cave.

They didn't cave for Bethesda requesting the same thing, nor did they cave for Activision asking for access to a paltry amount of extra processing power for COD: Ghosts. These requests would've been very simple to satisfy and the series those companies publish sell huge, yet MS still refused.

You can't assume they care.

This situation is a lot different.

If people see that Microsoft isn't capable of streaming Netflix, this will be seen as a major con for Microsoft. They just lost a selling point and people who want to use Netflix are going to think twice before buying a 360 or Xbox One.

On the other hand if Netflix users had one less streaming device available, the impact on Netflix would be tiny in comparison. Most people are just going to have something else they can use.

Blocking and restoring access would be easy for Netflix in comparison to a publisher deciding to not publish a game and then turn around on it for example.

Considering Netflix is replacing cable and the amount of people who watch TV is actually going down loosing Netflix would be extremely bad for ms. Plenty of people dont want cable their reason is, "why do I need cable if I have Netflix or the Internet? Which is true. I like game of thrones and the walking dead but that's not worth a cable bill In my eyes.

Yeah, me and my parents are the only ones I know who have cable now. Everyone is dropping it.

And to go back to what you said earlier that would be interesting if Netflix was getting a cut of the Xbox live sales. Would explain why theyre so hush about it.
---
Oh Timmy, I'm respecting your privacy by knocking but asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyway!
#43pigboyPosted 2/17/2014 3:20:26 PM
AftComet posted...
Ch3wy posted...
AftComet posted...
I'm kind of pissed because my Gold is about to run out. I don't own a One--yet, and I've played all the games I own on my 360. I wanted to put the 360 in another room and use it as a Netflix streamer. Might as well throw that out the window though...literally.

And how is this Netflix's fault?

MS are just being a bunch of asses.

It's Netflix's fault because they clearly aren't providing you with enough streaming devices for you to enjoy their service with any additional charge. It's their service that you are having trouble accessing, not Microsoft's.

Wow, some people are blind or just bend over because they're more loyal to corporations than to themselves.

Android, PC, iOS, Wii, Wii U, Ouya, Roku, Smart TVs, PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS.

They ALL do not require a paywall to access a paid service. Then you have:

Xbox 360
Xbox One

But no, it's Netflixes fault MS is charging me. Yeah, you're either a giant troll or a giant moron. Which is it?

Too well said! People has the right to complaint against any unreasonable service charge and take action to change it. Otherwise, there is no motivation for company to improve their service to earn the heart & $$ from the customers.
#44ThunderPotatoPosted 2/17/2014 4:17:07 PM
Ch3wy posted...
Take that complaint to Netflix. If they're not offering enough streaming options to you, you should be complaining to them.

Nice deflection, Netflix is on everything, but only Microsoft puts a subscription pay wall in front of it.
---
Even Microsoft's investors want the Xbox gone.
#45Ch3wyPosted 2/17/2014 4:25:56 PM
pigboy posted...
AftComet posted...
Ch3wy posted...
AftComet posted...
I'm kind of pissed because my Gold is about to run out. I don't own a One--yet, and I've played all the games I own on my 360. I wanted to put the 360 in another room and use it as a Netflix streamer. Might as well throw that out the window though...literally.

And how is this Netflix's fault?

MS are just being a bunch of asses.

It's Netflix's fault because they clearly aren't providing you with enough streaming devices for you to enjoy their service with any additional charge. It's their service that you are having trouble accessing, not Microsoft's.

Wow, some people are blind or just bend over because they're more loyal to corporations than to themselves.

Android, PC, iOS, Wii, Wii U, Ouya, Roku, Smart TVs, PS3, PS4, Vita, 3DS.

They ALL do not require a paywall to access a paid service. Then you have:

Xbox 360
Xbox One

But no, it's Netflixes fault MS is charging me. Yeah, you're either a giant troll or a giant moron. Which is it?

Too well said! People has the right to complaint against any unreasonable service charge and take action to change it. Otherwise, there is no motivation for company to improve their service to earn the heart & $$ from the customers.

Which is why people should be complaining to Netflix. Complain to them you're getting double charged for their service so they can make Microsoft stop putting it behind a paywall.
---
How the hell can a octopus live outside of water anyways? This is so stupid. -Fade2black001