What Makes the Xbox so Innovative?

#1Ironman06Posted 2/17/2014 2:56:44 PM
Other than Kinect, voice recognition, built in IR blaster, rumble triggers, HDMI passthrough, Skype, seamless app transition, diverse roster of next gen exclusives, upcoming original shows, Smartglass, Xbox Live, and Cloud processing what does the Xbox One have that's so innovative?

Is it cloud saves, miracast capability, Xbox Video, Xbox Music, the thousands of dedicated servers, or the ability to instantly record gameplay that gets Xbots so excited?

Silly Microsoft shills won't stop talking about the Xbox's innovation. But what does the Xbox One have... other than all those things I just listed? I just don't see what they're talking about. Can we all just agree there is nothing innovative about this console, other than those features I'm choosing to ignore?
#2DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/17/2014 2:57:54 PM
The first console to cost more than PS4 while being significantly weaker
---
I just did what I do best. I took your little plan and I turned it on itself. Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets.
#3pwnater777Posted 2/17/2014 2:57:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#4MuryoPosted 2/17/2014 2:59:51 PM
new ways to rip people off their money with paywalls.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/17/2014 3:00:07 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...
The first console to cost more than PS4 while being significantly weaker

PS3.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/17/2014 3:00:47 PM
Ironman06 posted...
Other than Kinect, voice recognition, built in IR blaster, rumble triggers, HDMI passthrough, Skype, seamless app transition, diverse roster of next gen exclusives, upcoming original shows, Smartglass, Xbox Live, and Cloud processing what does the Xbox One have that's so innovative?

Is it cloud saves, miracast capability, Xbox Video, Xbox Music, the thousands of dedicated servers, or the ability to instantly record gameplay that gets Xbots so excited?

Silly Microsoft shills won't stop talking about the Xbox's innovation. But what does the Xbox One have... other than all those things I just listed? I just don't see what they're talking about. Can we all just agree there is nothing innovative about this console, other than those features I'm choosing to ignore?

None of that is innovative, a TV pretty much has all those functions you listed. IR Blaster, Voice Recognition, Camera.

and Cloud processing isn't new, it's old and Microsoft is actually one of the worst companies that utilize it. HDMI passthrouh would be nice if it didn't degrade the hell out of audio, etc.

Nothing the Xbox does is new, it's just recycled garbage from other companies.

It's probably new and exciting to peasants since all they can afford is game consoles
---
3770K w/ 780 TI SLI gaming powerhouse.
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#7AnakeriePosted 2/17/2014 3:00:58 PM
Each system comes with a free baby puma.

This is Anakerie Jr.

http://landofpuregold.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/puma.jpg
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#8aszsithPosted 2/17/2014 3:01:19 PM
Sadly, it could have included additional innovations, other than the ones we've agreed to ignore, if Microsoft hadn't listen to the Sony camp crying after E3.

It's really a shame, since as sales have shown, those interested in the XBOne would have purchased it anyway, and that many others have not. I'm not sure that changing the policies actually helped sales, and potentially once the features were used by people, word of mouth may have been able to overcome the initial negativity.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#9GeistPosted 2/17/2014 3:01:28 PM
Ask your self "Why am I trolling the XB1 board?" and there you shall find your answer my son.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#10Ironman06(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 3:02:12 PM
pwnater777 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

ha, exactly! I love that show by the way. Try watching it with the subtitles on sometime.