Kinect

#11dmband41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 8:20:22 PM
^^^Exactly what I meant. Things that seemed unimportant or a non-factor are missed when you have to take extra steps to do something.
#12dmband41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 4:52:52 AM(edited)
Having it replaced for free. Chatted with this creepy lady at MS that kept wishing she could 'give you a cookie or cupcake' for being so patient, and who told me I was 'great'. Wtf?
#13jrush2011Posted 2/19/2014 5:13:00 AM
dmband41 posted...
I already know no one cares, so keep that in mind. So my Kinect goes belly up this past weekend. Everyone cries and gripes about not wanting or needing it, but I am here to say that I miss the features Kinect offered. I liked being able to turn my One on by simply speaking, having it recognize and sign me in, and the voice commands no one seemed to care about. You think you don't need these features, but when they're gone, you miss them.

TL;DR: Kinect features will be missed when you lose them.

Well this must have been excruciating.. : WTF
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
#14jrush2011Posted 2/19/2014 5:15:59 AM
dmband41 posted...
I already know no one cares, so keep that in mind. So my Kinect goes belly up this past weekend. Everyone cries and gripes about not wanting or needing it, but I am here to say that I miss the features Kinect offered. I liked being able to turn my One on by simply speaking, having it recognize and sign me in, and the voice commands no one seemed to care about. You think you don't need these features, but when they're gone, you miss them.

TL;DR: Kinect features will be missed when you lose them.

Can you still manage to tie your shoe laces?
---
BigWorldJust @ bluehat94 11/12/2011 8:37:18 PM "Lol, you know more than me and I beat the game :P." TROLL!! OWNED!
#15dmband41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 6:10:07 AM
How clever; a d-bag thinks he's witty.
#16pcbenjimaPosted 2/19/2014 8:55:33 AM
Steps I've taken, that have gotten a Kinect working before:

(The dreaded Kinect unplugged error)

Do a system shutdown by holding the power button (on the console, not the controller) down for 10 seconds, and when it shuts down, pull the power plug. Then unplug the Kinect.

Then unplug the power brick from the power strip you've plugged it into, and plug it straight into the wall like the instructions tell you to, you noob.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/console-setup

About halfway down that page, you see this:

"Note We recommend that you plug the power cord directly into an electrical outlet and not into a power strip."

Then plug the console back in, turn the system on. The green loading animation happens, and after a minute you're on. Hit the menu button (the black button with the 3 lines on it - where the start button used to be), go to settings, then Kinect, then plug the Kinect back in.

If the Kinect works? Good job. You learned a lesson.

If it don't work? You're out 4 minutes more than you were before. BFD.
#17dmband41(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 9:32:17 AM
^^^Or you know, I could've tried all that, and the damn thing was defective. Everyone's a goddamned smart-ass.