Microsoft needs to admit the Xbox One Kinect is a peripheral - polygon

#1intolaomairPosted 2/17/2014 4:17:55 PM
wow! You know, my kinect has been in the box since day one. I have never even taken it out. yet i had to pay $100 more.
I wonder how the sales would have been like if the Xbox one and PS4 were priced the same at $399

"The Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PlayStation 4, and Sony's less expensive system is showing off its power with a series of third-party games that perform better on the PlayStation 4 than the Xbox One.

What you're given for this extra money, outside of lower graphical performance, is a confusing user interface that can be controlled via the Kinect. This isn't the best situation for Microsoft's next-generation system.

The Xbox One has been on the market in North America for three months. Microsoft has failed to prove the worth of the Kinect hardware, and there are no concrete release dates for experiences that will justify its costs."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/17/5419464/microsoft-xbox-one-remove-kinect-pack-in
---
PSN: omairrr
#2scorpio manPosted 2/17/2014 4:19:23 PM
If you care SO much about price and pixels you should have bought a gaming PC
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#3HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/17/2014 4:19:26 PM
Tony Stark needs to admit Iron Man is just an outfit.

Ain't gonna happen.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#4WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/17/2014 4:21:56 PM
scorpio man posted...

Will people please stop with this, people can prefer to have the better console options and not need a pc. PC you miss out on so many games while being more restricted, want to use a controller and play titanfall well good luck with the handicap, want to play BF4 with a controller again good luck with the handicap,
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#5DojoMaxPosted 2/17/2014 4:30:50 PM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Tony Stark needs to admit Iron Man is just an outfit.

Ain't gonna happen.

It needs to, and it has nothing to do with price. I've been pondering this, if they don't announce some Kinect games soon I'm going to be pissed. Even if they just simply announced Dance Central 4 I'd be happy. Right now, unless I'm feeling especially lazy, the Kinect is USELESS. Read that as, pointless hardware. I use Xbox Fitness and it's excellent, but I could have spent 100 bucks on P90X and called it a day, and paid 399 for my system.

Where is this vision going? If it is reduced to a peripheral, and us early adopters paid for it and it doesn't receive support then what is our consolation from M$? Maybe a year of XBL? Maybe a first party game? Seriously. Voice commands are excellent but are they 100 dollars excellent? Other than Just Dance, Zumba, there are no games for this thing. Fighter Within is terrible, and Kinect Sports Rivals is basically Vaporware, with a demo that has never ever ever worked for me. Either it starts and crashes before I do anything or it just crashes, or it can't read my movements from Kinect. Not to mention when Kinect is on it starts messing up my menus in CoD Ghosts and its Forza integration while cool can really f up a race if you turn your head at the wrong time,

Even if it had some Wii like sports games, or something simple at least it would be useful to my kids. Upload Studio integration is cool, but lets add twitch streaming to the box so at least we can then use the Kinect like a really advanced 1080p webcam while we are streaming.

Seriously, I love my X1 but I'm getting more and more annoyed at the Kinect everyday. Man up M$ and accept your mistake, or follow through. If not, Kinect will fail.
---
stop trollin
#6scorpio manPosted 2/17/2014 4:32:12 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
scorpio man posted...

Will people please stop with this, people can prefer to have the better console options and not need a pc. PC you miss out on so many games while being more restricted, want to use a controller and play titanfall well good luck with the handicap, want to play BF4 with a controller again good luck with the handicap,

Uh no people will NOT stop with this. People are crying over spilt milk, they bought the system and they knew what they were getting into when they did it.

Now they come and cry about $100 is this like the 90s? $100 is alot to teenagers I guess....
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#7PraetorXynPosted 2/17/2014 4:33:55 PM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
scorpio man posted...

If you took 1 week, probably even 1 day, and played an FPS with keyboard/mouse you wouldn't want to use a controller anymore.

That aside, everything else you said was nonsense. You miss maybe 10-20 exclusive titles, most of which are sequels to one another.

This whole "PC haz no gamez" schtick needs to die.
Most people who own PC's also own at least one console for its exclusives, ut the amount of money you save on games allows you to buy a console just for a few games and play all multiplats on a PC.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#8GeistPosted 2/17/2014 4:36:03 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
If you took 1 week, probably even 1 day, and played an FPS with keyboard/mouse you wouldn't want to use a controller anymore.

Not if you're an old school console person. Too many years behind the joy pad to ever go back.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#9TheSL1ClubPosted 2/17/2014 4:36:17 PM
scorpio man posted...

If you care about the price, shouldn't you consider not getting a pc because it's 5 times more expansive? Dat logic failure man.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#10PraetorXynPosted 2/17/2014 4:40:17 PM
TheSL1Club posted...
scorpio man posted...

If you care about the price, shouldn't you consider not getting a pc because it's 5 times more expansive? Dat logic failure man.

No it isn't. More like 2.5x.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png