Microsoft needs to admit the Xbox One Kinect is a peripheral - polygon

#21death cloudPosted 2/17/2014 5:31:05 PM
TC lists his GT or he doesn't actually own an X1.
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#22angry_cowtipperPosted 2/17/2014 5:31:09 PM
scorpio man posted...
If you care SO much about price and pixels you should have bought a gaming PC

I've heard this nonsense before, and it's not necessarily true. I care about video games. I also don't care about whether I play them on PCs or consoles, everything is hooked up to my TV. What I care most about is having access to good video games, which is where exclusives give a platform a leg up. Dead Rising 3 looks okay, but repetitive and boring. Other than that...??... I think it's a mistake for EA to release Titanfall on PC and 360, because now I won't get a One for that either.

The forced inclusion of Kinect, the whole less power for more money thing... that's why I chose to get a PS4 first. I don't need a camera to say "Playstation, do xyz", better multiplats, so on. I'd kind of just prefer to do everything on the controller, with my arms at my sides, as I've done for 20 years. Same goes for PC navigation, if it's Windows, I want my Start button.

Lastly, yes, if I have options, I would want the best version for the same amount of money. I'm not such a pixel counter that I won't buy console versions of the same game for different reasons (better performance AC IV on PS4 vs PC and One, Dark Souls on PS3 vs PC and One, no PC version of Red Dead at all, exclusive content for games that was on the 360, etc), however, saying "if you care about pixels you would've bought a PC" isn't necessarily true.

I care about video games, and if/when the One gets enough of its own real games (proper boxed titles, not Plants vs Zombies) not on PC, and when it releases without Kinect (which is inevitable, no one wants it), I'll not be against picking one up in the future.
---
TLOU, Infamous 2 (PS3); TF2, Spelunky, Broforce (PC); ACIV (PSIV); Tearaway, Ecolibrium (Vita); Streets of Rage 2, Stay Alight (AND); Gears Judgment (360)
#23SythisTaruPosted 2/17/2014 5:32:43 PM
intolaomair posted...
wow! You know, my kinect has been in the box since day one. I have never even taken it out. yet i had to pay $100 more.
I wonder how the sales would have been like if the Xbox one and PS4 were priced the same at $399

"The Xbox One is $100 more expensive than the PlayStation 4, and Sony's less expensive system is showing off its power with a series of third-party games that perform better on the PlayStation 4 than the Xbox One.

What you're given for this extra money, outside of lower graphical performance, is a confusing user interface that can be controlled via the Kinect. This isn't the best situation for Microsoft's next-generation system.

The Xbox One has been on the market in North America for three months. Microsoft has failed to prove the worth of the Kinect hardware, and there are no concrete release dates for experiences that will justify its costs."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/17/5419464/microsoft-xbox-one-remove-kinect-pack-in

If you truly have never used your Kinect, you need to stop gaming now. Something is wrong with you. Please stop trolling Microsoft.
#24rgwPosted 2/17/2014 6:35:00 PM(edited)
The Kinect could be a pretty powerful device in a living room. In small gaming rooms or bedroom, it isn't useful unless you have a television. The biggest issue is that the voice recognition just isn't perfect. The best recognition services tend to either solely rely on server parsing of waveform data or some kind of local+server mix. The problem there though is latency with response to a command. I can live with it taking 2-3 seconds for a call command to parse and engage on my iPhone...it is more annoying when attempting to change channels on television.
---
rgw
--
#25WaywardBiscuitPosted 2/17/2014 10:28:36 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
WaywardBiscuit posted...
scorpio man posted...

Will people please stop with this, people can prefer to have the better console options and not need a pc. PC you miss out on so many games while being more restricted, want to use a controller and play titanfall well good luck with the handicap, want to play BF4 with a controller again good luck with the handicap,

If you took 1 week, probably even 1 day, and played an FPS with keyboard/mouse you wouldn't want to use a controller anymore.

That aside, everything else you said was nonsense. You miss maybe 10-20 exclusive titles, most of which are sequels to one another.

This whole "PC haz no gamez" schtick needs to die.
Most people who own PC's also own at least one console for its exclusives, ut the amount of money you save on games allows you to buy a console just for a few games and play all multiplats on a PC.

News flash not everyone has a desk in front of their big screen tv or even room for a table to use a mouse and keyboard from their bed which is not comfortable even if they did. You miss way more then 20 games, you seem to forget all the Jrpg's, fighting games that people like myself enjoy. RIght there alone is close to 50 games last gen alone. And i save plenty of money on console games from trade ins, Renting, game sharing, used games, and regular sales ( yes console games have sales in retail and online retail also). I have a $1800 PC and save just as much gaming on console as i do on pc. I prefer console gaming for fighting games ( superior online scene + more releases ), Jrpg's and playing online with my friends who never game on pc.
---
George Likes Spicy Chicken
#26intolaomair(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:50:18 PM
i used the original kinect. it was fun for a while with dance central and all but never touched it after. i am not one for motion gaming.

if that is what you like, go for it. i have nothing against kinect.
I am just saying that MS should not have stuffed kinect down our throats with the xbox one. Had kinect not been included, i could have saved $100 and I'm sure xbox one wouldn't be lagging this badly behind ps4 in sales. I know most of you can agree, the xbox one has better exclusives as right now than ps4.
---
PSN: omairrr
#27intolaomair(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2014 10:51:51 PM
death cloud posted...
TC lists his GT or he doesn't actually own an X1.

my xbl gt is the same as my psn id: omairrr
---
PSN: omairrr
XBL: omairrr
#28tadmfpolePosted 2/17/2014 11:05:32 PM
scorpio man posted...

Wtf does that have to do with someone questioning what purpose Kinect is serving other than driving up the price of the console? It is a mandatory add on that is doing nothing at the moment to justify it's existence. You can't force something like that into the package and say "well, eventually it might do something neat with games.." and expect anyone outside of the most diehard-will-buy-no-matter-what minority to continue buying into it.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#29JonnyBigBossPosted 2/17/2014 11:18:52 PM
scorpio man posted...

Bingo. The people bragging about PS4 specs are scrubs.
---
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
#30tadmfpolePosted 2/17/2014 11:59:16 PM
JonnyBigBoss posted...
scorpio man posted...

Bingo. The people bragging about PS4 specs are scrubs.

If you don't care about graphics you wouldn't have bought a new console. The PC has bestest graphics of all is a really pathetic attempt at dancing around the fact that $400 console has better graphics and frame rates than $500 console.

No **** a decent gaming PC that cost more than the two consoles combined has better graphics, which is exactly how it should be. You pay more and get more, not pay more and get less.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned