Titanfall went from a Day 1 purchase to a "wait for a sale" purchase

#1flame030191Posted 2/18/2014 1:46:50 AM
I played the beta today on my brother's Xbox One. It ran great and controlled fairly smooth. However, I had a few issues with it that I felt was too glaring to justify a $60 purchase.

First and worst of them. It is too frantic. It almost tries to be too many games at the same time and ends up being a chaotic mess. This part should seem self-explanatory, just too many ideas thrown into a game.

Second, it is too easy to do well. Play the Assassin and use the "Smart Pistol", instant kills left and right. Combine this with the Titans and you're going to wreck house then when your titan gets destroyed, eject, immediately cloak yourself, then pick off those who destroyed you. Consider it done.

After that, it's just minor nit-picking issues such as very few modes to choose from (I hope that the full game has more, but all I have to judge from is the beta and three modes, two of which are kill-centric, will not suffice for me), outdated graphics (though I shouldn't be surprised as this is headed by the same guy who decided to make the sequel to his own game have worse graphics), clunky menu layout that is overall confusing and overwhelming to first set sights on, annoying controls that often forces you to wallrun without wanting to or to not mantle when you're trying to, and more issues along those lines.

It went from the biggest potential the X1 had going for it to the game that you should likely pick up when it goes to $40 or below.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Flame Guy
Welcome to GameFAQs where anyone who proves you wrong is an ignorant troll.
#21nternationa7Posted 2/18/2014 1:54:01 AM
Dunno but your first and second points kinda contradict each other.
---
Lords of Shadow 2 (02/25/2014) will be GoTY 2014 for PS3/360 and best H&S of the generation. Optional QTEs, 20 hours gameplay, epic story, and challenging!
#3DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/18/2014 1:54:39 AM
Sony Pony. Why don't you go buy the more powerful PS4 if you love it so much
---
"Slick"
http://i.imgur.com/oJWGvoB.png
#4Pinoy441Posted 2/18/2014 2:01:19 AM
DeadCeIIScout posted...

...He didn't even mention Playstation anywhere in his post...

Man you guys get really defensive huh?

The platform the game is on does not change the gameplay unless it is an extremely bad port, I've played the PC and XBO versions they both play the same so bad port it is not.

The game is just Average - Above Average shooter at best, in the end it's still just another shooter, which could've been rectified with a single player that's really good but they chose not to.
---
*grabs popcorn*
#5flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 2:05:38 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Dunno but your first and second points kinda contradict each other.

Not really. The game being chaotic and having too many features thrown together doesn't make it difficult, it just makes it lose it's identity. Unlike how Halo, CoD, and Battlefield have their major defining features that makes them stand out among the crowd, Titanfall kind of tries too hard to blend everything together. It's not necessarily a "bad" thing, it just makes it yet another shooter.

DeadCeIIScout posted...

I do have a PS4 and I'm buying an Xbox One because I enjoy gaming, no matter which console it is on.
---
#6flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 2:07:05 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

...He didn't even mention Playstation anywhere in his post...

Man you guys get really defensive huh?

The platform the game is on does not change the gameplay unless it is an extremely bad port, I've played the PC and XBO versions they both play the same so bad port it is not.

The game is just Average - Above Average shooter at best, in the end it's still just another shooter, which could've been rectified with a single player that's really good but they chose not to.

I'm pretty sure he was joking, honestly.

I hope so at least. I mean, everyone who gets mad about someone saying they dislike an Xbox exclusive title is usually quickly labelled a "Sony Pony" with some crappy reasoning, and his post didn't seem to be constructed in the usual trollish way. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.
---
#7liquidblue4Posted 2/18/2014 2:26:13 AM
You sound like you have ADD considering none of what you said is really true.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#8flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 2:29:58 AM
liquidblue4 posted...

I'm sorry, I just wanted to give my honest opinions on the beta to a game that I was highly considering purchasing day 1. I didn't realize this is now something to attempt insulting others over.
---
#9120N7Posted 2/18/2014 2:31:43 AM
Good points, TC. For me, playing the beta made it go from meh to must-have. Most fun I've ever had playing a shooter. Also, unlike CoD/BF, my lack of experience is not held against me. I can always rack up AI kills, and I have never been killed at spawn. Great for building confidence.

Not sure about the Smart Pistol, though. Seems like a liability in Attrition. Too slow, always seems to get me killed. And, if the kill-cam nothing to go by, it doesn't seem to be too popular with the big scorers. Maybe I'm just using it wrong.
#10PoweredMilkManPosted 2/18/2014 2:32:58 AM
flame030191 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

I'm sorry, I just wanted to give my honest opinions on the beta to a game that I was highly considering purchasing day 1. I didn't realize this is now something to attempt insulting others over.

We only got a small slice of the game Respawn says. I'm interested to see the full release.
I hated the smart pistol. It worked on grunts no problem put players I couldn't get good lock-on's.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon