How does Live work with matchmaking?

#1CrimsonStriderPosted 2/18/2014 6:43:01 AM
I have a US machine and live abroad. My console's region is set to the US. So when I get live and play Titanfall will I be playing against people in the US, people in the nearest region to me, or is it a global thing? Does multiplayer change from game to game?
---
Suffer what there is to suffer, enjoy what there is to enjoy.
Regard both suffering and joy as facts of life.
#2micheal82Posted 2/18/2014 6:50:48 AM
With Titanfall it connects you to the servers that gives the best connection.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#3CrimsonStrider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 12:22:01 PM
Ok. So definitely no way to sorta select servers right? I know this isn't PSN/Resident Evil but I remember being able to at least choose between region and global settings
---
#4crynryanPosted 2/18/2014 2:24:28 PM
Resident Evil (and other games that have server browsers) let you choose which region because the game doesn't randomly match you with people. If the game just randomly matched you with people, it would do its best at finding the less laggiest servers to you. It's the same way COD or Halo does it.

One of the things with console gaming is having most of the harder to understand stuff taken away from you, like using IP addresses to connect to people or worrying about what server you connect to. It's all just to make things easier to understand.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#5Rdeal2Posted 2/18/2014 2:49:33 PM
Titanfall lets you select the data centre you connect to,it even shows your ping
#6CrimsonStrider(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 6:07:35 PM
thanks!
---