Turtle beach xo four/seven wireless?

#1JuttooPosted 2/18/2014 8:56:21 AM
Anyone know if the upcoming turtle beach XO four and seven headsets are wireless? Or are there a wireless and a wired set for each?

I've been getting conflicting info from various sites, and want to make sure I'm getting a wireless set from my pre-order with best buy (XO four).

Thanks.
#2Juzten76Posted 2/18/2014 9:12:09 AM(edited)
I'm planning on getting this and I'm almost positive it's wireless. It does plug into the controller though.
#3bessy67Posted 2/18/2014 9:13:47 AM
Yep, they're wireless.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-four/390
http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-xo-seven/389
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4Kosmo240985Posted 2/18/2014 9:15:45 AM
Juttoo posted...
Anyone know if the upcoming turtle beach XO four and seven headsets are wireless? Or are there a wireless and a wired set for each?

I've been getting conflicting info from various sites, and want to make sure I'm getting a wireless set from my pre-order with best buy (XO four).

Thanks.

They are kinda wireless. They plug into your controller. Both the XO4 and XO7 are wireless.

If I were you though I'd go for the Polk 4 shots. They are the same price as the XO 7 but we're aided in design by forza and other gaming developers for the best gaming sound.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#5kidwgmPosted 2/18/2014 9:32:23 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Juttoo posted...

Thanks.

They are kinda wireless. They plug into your controller. Both the XO4 and XO7 are wireless.

If I were you though I'd go for the Polk 4 shots. They are the same price as the XO 7 but we're aided in design by forza and other gaming developers for the best gaming sound.

I was looking at the Polks the other day. I have never heard of this brand. Anyone have any experience with them? Good or bad?
---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#6DojoMaxPosted 2/18/2014 9:36:41 AM
kidwgm posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Juttoo posted...

Thanks.

I was looking at the Polks the other day. I have never heard of this brand. Anyone have any experience with them? Good or bad?

You've never heard of Polk?
---
stop trollin
#7bessy67Posted 2/18/2014 9:38:15 AM
kidwgm posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Juttoo posted...

Thanks.

Polk is a pretty respected brand in audio products.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#8kidwgmPosted 2/18/2014 10:44:47 AM(edited)
Marqmax posted...
kidwgm posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Juttoo posted...

Thanks.

Actually I have not. I have had the same Turtle Beach's for like 4 years now, I'm not an audiophile and I don't keep up with the news on headsets.

---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#9Kosmo240985Posted 2/18/2014 12:37:42 PM(edited)
kidwgm posted...
Marqmax posted...
kidwgm posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Juttoo posted...

Thanks.

Actually I have not. I have had the same Turtle Beach's for like 4 years now, I'm not an audiophile and I don't keep up with the news on headsets.

Being an audiophile I say astros> polk> dog crap> turtle beaches

Astros are pretty pricey ,250 cheapest, though so for gaming polks are pretty darn good. Turtle beaches are the typical generic crap brand. Sound never as good. Always have mic echo issues or static issues and they break easy.
---
GT: Kozzie85