Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be the Xbone's saving grace?

#1MasterSword546Posted 2/18/2014 10:20:01 AM
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

6. THE GRAPHICS. Titanfall does not even look next gen. 720p is unacceptable for a next gen title. You're going to get the same experience on Xbox 360.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#2bessy67Posted 2/18/2014 10:20:41 AM
Why are non-Xbox one owners so keen to keep putting down Titanfall?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3ILikeGamesManPosted 2/18/2014 10:23:57 AM
Its the weekly "why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be the xbone's saving grace?" thread.

No lie, this might be the 7th or 8th time someone posted this same question. Last time it was 3HP and I told him it was posted a billion times too. I expect more in the future. I expect one pretty much every week until the game comes out.
#4TheSilentRavenPosted 2/18/2014 10:24:25 AM
Titanfall > PS4.
#5brownmysterPosted 2/18/2014 10:26:34 AM
Titanfall 1 is not coming to Sony. Get over it. Its already been confirmed. And have u actually played it? I played 15 hours of the alpha and already have 30 hours on the beta. With just 2 of the 15 maps coming for it. Its a freaking blast to play. And here we go again about graphics. This game is so fast pace your not going to stand there and look around. Now I do see people not dropping 500 just to play it on the one. But most of my friends that are still on the 360 s
Wants to get a one in march so they can play titanfall with us. So this will push consoles for the sole purpose of friends wanting to play with friends on Xbox one
#6120x45Posted 2/18/2014 10:27:13 AM
I hate how people say that if people have a 360 or gaming computer that they're gonna get it on that system. I have a gaming PC and a 360 but I'm still gonna get the game on the Xbox one cause that's where my friends will be playing it.
Not everyone wants to build a gaming PC, and some people don't want to play it on a last-gen console and probably want to get the newest system anyways.
#7TOhasNoRingPosted 2/18/2014 10:27:14 AM
Didn't read anything you wrote besides the title. Just another pony crying that titanfall isn't on his ps4.... go watch your amazing game trailers to your exclusives that aren't out.
---
Intel Atom 1.40GHz - 1GB DDR3 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#8motoraptorPosted 2/18/2014 10:27:45 AM
PSN, 3DS FC and even an IGN account. Points for originality on that one. No mention of a gamertag though...
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#9chaotix42Posted 2/18/2014 10:27:59 AM
Posting in YET ANOTHER MasterTroll topic.
---
GT: Falchion Sensei
#10TheSilentRavenPosted 2/18/2014 10:28:03 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Didn't read anything you wrote besides the title. Just another pony crying that titanfall isn't on his ps4.... go watch your amazing game trailers to your exclusives that aren't out.