Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be the Xbone's saving grace?

#101angry_cowtipperPosted 2/23/2014 11:02:21 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
angry_cowtipper posted...
teehee23 posted...

oh my, that just breaks our hearts but somehow we must go on.
Wrote a song about it, wanna hear it?
Here it go!

It's good you've put effort into your song rhyming, but more effort should be put into syncing up how many syllables are in each line. For example, if this was set to real music, you would need
to say the words in what appears to be every other line very rapidly in order to squeeze in the start of the next sentence on time with the beat.

Actually, without knowing the pulse or time sig of the music, or how the lyrics fit within or outside of this time structure, your statement is false.

In fact, if every vocalist followed a line by line meter, music would be pretty boring. Syncopated and polyrhythmic music FTW.

Can you write us a song where the given words fit then?
---
TF2, Spelunky, Broforce (PC); ACIV (PS4); Tearaway, Ecolibrium (Vita); Stay Alight (AND); Gears Judgment (360); Fire Emblem (3DS)
#102Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 2/23/2014 11:11:40 PM
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
teehee23 posted...

Here it go!

It's good you've put effort into your song rhyming, but more effort should be put into syncing up how many syllables are in each line. For example, if this was set to real music, you would need
to say the words in what appears to be every other line very rapidly in order to squeeze in the start of the next sentence on time with the beat.

Actually, without knowing the pulse or time sig of the music, or how the lyrics fit within or outside of this time structure, your statement is false.

In fact, if every vocalist followed a line by line meter, music would be pretty boring. Syncopated and polyrhythmic music FTW.

Of course. It's what I do with my buddies all the time. I write a drum and bass riff, they jam out a guitar and rhythm section, then we structure it all out with the appropriate bridges and changeups. We then collaborate on lyrics separate from the music, but somehow put them into place.

Since we come from a progressive metal background, we use wipeboards to find our way to and from. Lots of syncopated off time beats and poly rhythmic intertwining.

So yeah, give me a week or two and I guarantee I could put those lyrics syllable by syllable into a fully structured song. Whether you like it or not is entirely subjective.
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!
#103angry_cowtipperPosted 2/23/2014 11:39:23 PM(edited)
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
Mvsevm_of_Skin posted...
teehee23 posted...

Here it go!

Of course. It's what I do with my buddies all the time. I write a drum and bass riff, they jam out a guitar and rhythm section, then we structure it all out with the appropriate bridges and changeups. We then collaborate on lyrics separate from the music, but somehow put them into place.

Since we come from a progressive metal background, we use wipeboards to find our way to and from. Lots of syncopated off time beats and poly rhythmic intertwining.

So yeah, give me a week or two and I guarantee I could put those lyrics syllable by syllable into a fully structured song. Whether you like it or not is entirely subjective.

I like some progressive metal; Aghora, Frameshift, Saviour Machine, Spiral Architect (first album anyway). But, it can just as easily be nonsense as it is something neat to listen to. I'm glad your confident in your own abilities, but as your said, it's all subjective. I doubt the composer in question (the songwriter) has the chops.

And, more often than not, having even lines makes for better songwriting that connects with more people. You can use some prog snootiness to say how most people are dumb, and just don't have what it takes to comprehend progressive music, but that's another subjective debate.
---
TF2, Spelunky, Broforce (PC); ACIV (PS4); Tearaway, Ecolibrium (Vita); Stay Alight (AND); Gears Judgment (360); Fire Emblem (3DS)
#104Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 2/24/2014 5:03:22 AM

I like some progressive metal; Aghora, Frameshift, Saviour Machine, Spiral Architect (first album anyway). But, it can just as easily be nonsense as it is something neat to listen to. I'm glad your confident in your own abilities, but as your said, it's all subjective. I doubt the composer in question (the songwriter) has the chops.

And, more often than not, having even lines makes for better songwriting that connects with more people. You can use some prog snootiness to say how most people are dumb, and just don't have what it takes to comprehend progressive music, but that's another subjective debate.

I can't argue with your first point. TeeHee would have to prove his own song writing prowess himself.

As for the second point, it is the song writer's job to ensure that people connect to their song, no matter the structure. Though to counter, there are many people out there who choose to "hate" a type of music just because they don't like it. I would never call them dumb, just as I would never put myself above them. But there is a difference between personal taste and dismissive ignorance, yet many don't know how to differentiate the two.

It does go both ways. As you indicated, that in itself is an entirely different argument, and not one for GFAQS. So salutations and best of luck!
---
Squeeze your mother's neck... 'til the kicking stops... the memories stop!