Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be the Xbone's saving grace?

#41Bigdaddy422Posted 2/18/2014 11:01:10 AM
Xbox One doesn't need a saving grace. The xbox is doing great and gets far more playtime than my PS4. The indies lasted me like a week before becoming mind numbing boring.

Iv had more fun in the beta than I had beating killzone. I had more outrageous experiences in the beta than my months of playing battlefield 4.

Titanfall won't save anything, Xbox doesn't need to be saved. What it will do is offer a fresh take on one of the most played types of games. There is so many different ways to play the game, and that's with the limited options given.

One minute I am killing a pilot by jump kicking him. Then I am running up a wall, ricocheting my way up to the roof where I take out some more pilots before jet packing perfectly into the adjacent buildings window. Then I'm hopping onto an enemy titans back trying to destroy it. Then I call in my Titan and destroy the other team with my rockets, fists and chain gun.
#42TonyMontana916Posted 2/18/2014 11:05:04 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

6. THE GRAPHICS. Titanfall does not even look next gen. 720p is unacceptable for a next gen title. You're going to get the same experience on Xbox 360.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.

1. It's Microsoft platofrm exclusive. I already have a friend with PC that's thinking of buying and X1 to play this so yes it will be s system seller. The pre-order numbers give you that picture as well. It's pre-ordered the most for X1.

2. Yes and that's why CoD multiplayer is so popular. Because it's fun and people enjoy FPS's online. Look at BF as another example. A campaign is nice but with a game like this it's not really necessary. You have the campaign woven into the multiplayer so you get the best of both worlds.

3.The price is 59.99 just like any other game. If you don't want an online game for full price, oh well tough lol opinions much.

4. It will stay off PS3/4. Microsot bought the exclusive rights to this game. With your logic than I guess we can bring the uncharted series to X1 since making more money on other platforms outweighs any money sony gives naughty dog to keep them on their platform. Btw side note, yes your rant is all because it's not coming out on PS3/4 :) word of advice, stop being such a sony drone and be about the games.

5. Except it will be of lower quality on the 360. It's a console that came out 9 years ago vs. a console that came out 2 months ago. You won't get higher resolution textures or anything. It's basically going to be CoD graphics but in titanfall. And they will buy a PC or X1 for this game. With that logic I guess I'll buy a PS3 for Uncharted 4 because why spend $400 on a PS4 when they can just make it for PS3 right and there's CLEARLY no advantage to playing that on a PS4 than a PS3.

6. Actually it does look next gen because I haven't seen a FPS look and run this good in a long time. Resolution isn't everything. And again, higher resolution textures on X1, framerate, netcode (it's using dedicated servers). Yeah same experience on 360 by far.
---
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg
3DS FC = 2277 6647 0831
#43Kuebel33Posted 2/18/2014 11:16:33 AM
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

but also

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

Uh, which is it? It's not exclusive so it's not a system seller, or it's not on PS3/PS4 so it's a "HUGE missed opportunity"?
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: AC4, DR3, Brvly Dflt, Lghtnng Rtrns
#44HowatizerPosted 2/18/2014 11:26:05 AM
Ha ha wow, posters be salty that Titanfall is a highly anticipated game that will be Microsoft's first blockbuster of this new generation.

PS4 is getting great exclusives this year, Wii U is getting some good games and yet the fanboys want to harp on Titanfall hard for some reason... jealousy is an ugly beast I guess.
---
It is fortunate to be favored with praise and popularity. It is dire luck to be dependent on the feelings of your fellow man.- The Havamal
#45NSGraphitePosted 2/18/2014 11:27:12 AM
Because the xbone deperately needs a saving grace, and titafall is all they have.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#46method115Posted 2/18/2014 11:28:18 AM
brownmyster posted...
Titanfall 1 is not coming to Sony. Get over it. Its already been confirmed. And have u actually played it? I played 15 hours of the alpha and already have 30 hours on the beta. With just 2 of the 15 maps coming for it. Its a freaking blast to play. And here we go again about graphics. This game is so fast pace your not going to stand there and look around. Now I do see people not dropping 500 just to play it on the one. But most of my friends that are still on the 360 s
Wants to get a one in march so they can play titanfall with us. So this will push consoles for the sole purpose of friends wanting to play with friends on Xbox one

No offense but this is exactly the same thing they said when it came to Mass Effect. There is literally no difference they said the exact same thing.
---
PSN: method114
#47Bladez_89Posted 2/18/2014 11:30:20 AM
blink182god posted...
bessy67 posted...
Why are non-Xbox one owners so keen to keep putting down Titanfall?

I have a 360. Not a one. I'll probably get it for it but this game is all hype. The bots suck. I can go on but I've talked to a few friends who beta tested and they all said it was too much hype. Mediocre game.

You clearly haven't played the beta.

And don't give me the "played at a friends house" BS.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#48SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/18/2014 12:07:30 PM
Nintendrones blame Sony for their console's problems. Xbots blame Sony for their console's problems. Sony must be doing something right, lol.
---
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!
#49extankerPosted 2/18/2014 12:11:02 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
renskyfire posted...
I get more of the impression that ponies don't so much want Titanfall, but that they want all consoles to be made by the Japanese. Some even wanting Western game developers to go under. So it seems more like they're Japanophiles or in some cases weeboos and want Westerners out of the gaming industry period.

Though they might just be the type that only one console to be on the market so they don't have to deal with exclusives anymore. So basically wanting access to all the games at the expense of those who got an XBox One.

Most likely the case is they're just trolls. They just stick around here to annoy people and since the mods on this site are a joke or the trolls hide behind the claim that they're "discussing" the negatives with 10 topics about the same thing per hour, they're free to do as they like.

I would love for most western developers/publishers to go away, because they are the ones killing the industry, not the Japanese.

And I don't want there to only be one console. I want it to be Sony vs Nintendo. The only two good console makers and first party publishers.

I like Japanese games as much as the next guy, but if you really think Japanese game developers are the gaming industry's saving grace, you are going to be sorely disappointed. I was at the Tokyo Game Show in 2012 and at least two thirds of the show floor was pushing mobile gaming. The Japanese really aren't as interested in consoles like they used to be. American developers are really what's keeping the industry going like it is.

I think that weeaboo comment might have been more accurate than previously thought...
#50ThePaleRiderpPosted 2/18/2014 12:18:19 PM
extanker posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
renskyfire posted...
I get more of the impression that ponies don't so much want Titanfall, but that they want all consoles to be made by the Japanese. Some even wanting Western game developers to go under. So it seems more like they're Japanophiles or in some cases weeboos and want Westerners out of the gaming industry period.

Though they might just be the type that only one console to be on the market so they don't have to deal with exclusives anymore. So basically wanting access to all the games at the expense of those who got an XBox One.

Most likely the case is they're just trolls. They just stick around here to annoy people and since the mods on this site are a joke or the trolls hide behind the claim that they're "discussing" the negatives with 10 topics about the same thing per hour, they're free to do as they like.

I would love for most western developers/publishers to go away, because they are the ones killing the industry, not the Japanese.

And I don't want there to only be one console. I want it to be Sony vs Nintendo. The only two good console makers and first party publishers.

I like Japanese games as much as the next guy, but if you really think Japanese game developers are the gaming industry's saving grace, you are going to be sorely disappointed. I was at the Tokyo Game Show in 2012 and at least two thirds of the show floor was pushing mobile gaming. The Japanese really aren't as interested in consoles like they used to be. American developers are really what's keeping the industry going like it is.

I think that weeaboo comment might have been more accurate than previously thought...

The industry would be nothing but primarily shooting, racing, and sports if western took over. we need BOTH in order to get the most of gaming.
---
PSN: OverlordZeit 3DS FC: 2895-6437-9632
XBL: VongolaXIIIZeit Steam: thepaleriderp