Why is everyone acting like Titanfall will be the Xbone's saving grace?

#61vedoris86Posted 2/18/2014 1:25:45 PM
When you only have one thing left, you must hype and praise it. What, else can they do. Without titanfall there is nothing . Sad thing is like you said , it's not exclusive it's also on 360 and PC . 360 got delayed only to help boost sales on Xbox one. I'll wait if it really is a lot worse on 360 I'll get it for PC then. No reason to get a xb1 yet...
---
PSN vedoris
3DS FC 2277-8069-7350
#62Sega_Saturn09Posted 2/18/2014 1:28:22 PM
Go away master sword no one cares what YOU think.
---
PS4 PREORDER PAID OFF!!!! 11/15/13!!!! PLAYING KILLZONE SHADOWFALL FIRST!!!!
#63extankerPosted 2/18/2014 1:31:26 PM
vedoris86 posted...
When you only have one thing left, you must hype and praise it. What, else can they do. Without titanfall there is nothing . Sad thing is like you said , it's not exclusive it's also on 360 and PC . 360 got delayed only to help boost sales on Xbox one. I'll wait if it really is a lot worse on 360 I'll get it for PC then. No reason to get a xb1 yet...

Nope. Nothing. Not Halo. Not Gears of War. Nothing else left. Dammit you figured it out.

People couldn't just be genuinely excited for a game. Nooope.
#64evecharmevePosted 2/18/2014 1:42:33 PM
Giarccpsn posted...
evecharmeve posted...
It's the first MUST BUY title coming out on the XBone and not coming out on the PS4.

Looking at both consoles actual release list there isn't another one for either console for quite a while meaning Titanfall will be the game people will be talking about till Christmas

What list did you look at?
PS4 has InFAMOUS Second Son (March 21), MLB 14 The Show, Driveclub, The Order 1886, all exclusives coming up.

Drive club is a new IP racing game that all people know is it was delayed and should have been free
The order has no date so I don't expect it soon
MLB is baseball, and Infamous while good, have NOWHERE NEAR the fanbase of the modern miltaryish shooters do.

It's not suprising pre-orders on Titan fall on *Just the xbone* are crushing infamous even with the more consoles PS4 has out there. Infamous just isn't on the same caliber.
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#65PsychoPscorpionPosted 2/18/2014 1:56:09 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

6. THE GRAPHICS. Titanfall does not even look next gen. 720p is unacceptable for a next gen title. You're going to get the same experience on Xbox 360.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.

1. Yes it is exclusive to Microsoft. (at least the first Titanfall is.)

2. They wanted this game to be MP only so they took their time and polished that aspect of the game instead of making a watered down half assed single player mode. (There is still a campaign in the game, but it will be told through the campaign MP.)

3. Yes we do. $59.99 for the standard version (Xbone, 360 and PC) and $249.99 for the collectors edition. Why should it not be full price? A ton of people still worked on the game, took several years to complete why should it not be. I think you are getting a game that is built to be solely MP from the ground up, with a game that is rushed and half finished confused.

4. Respawn has stated that the first Titanfall will only be on Xbone, 360 and PC, but future titles in the franchise may appear on other consoles.

5. I don't even know where this argument is coming from.

6. The graphics are fine. Alphas and Betas will run lower res textures a lot of the time to make the download faster for the user. Also, it would be wise to remember this one little thing...graphics do not a good game make.

Actually at this point a lot of people have played the beta and understand that the game is just fun. In the end the XBone and the PS4 will both sell a crap ton of systems and have amazing games on both of them (I have all three of the current gen systems and am looking forward to games on all three.)
#66LSDcrackersPosted 2/18/2014 1:57:53 PM
6. THE GRAPHICS. Titanfall does not even look next gen. 720p is unacceptable for a next gen title. You're going to get the same experience on Xbox 360.

In regards to this: Cry about it more, graphics *****. Boo hoo, the game doesn't do 1080p! The fact that people actually use this and FPS as an excuse when bashing games or consoles is just sad. Remember: a lot of us probably played the N64, and those 3D models look silly! That doesn't affect the quality of the game, however. If visuals and the like that have little to no visual difference when actually playing are your "solid argument" then all you've proven is that you are a slave to graphics and will likely buy anything Sony or MS put out just because they look "next gen."
#67lindaluvPosted 2/18/2014 2:11:01 PM
Because it really is all they have to look forward too. Plus, too much hype usually makes the game crash very hard.. so let emm hype it up all they want.
---
MolaMadara : Punkin (200 - Strider) - http://i.imgur.com/peZhp.jpg
MulaMadara : Deneb (25 - Sorc)
#6895_EclipsePosted 2/18/2014 2:20:06 PM
MasterSword546 posted...

5. The average gamer will never think, "Oh, Titanfall on 360 is made by a different developer than on the Xbone, therefore it must be of lower quality and I should buy a whole new console to play the game."
Just, no. Stop using that argument. Very few people will drop $500 to play the game because it isn't the exact same (but pretty damn close) to the version on the system they already own.

The best part about this one, is people say the XBO version is better, even though it's the same game, but then argue that graphics and such don't matter when it comes to XBO vs PS4. Hypocrites.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#69MasterSword546(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 7:16:30 PM
PsychoPscorpion posted...
MasterSword546 posted...
It's not going to be.

1. It's NOT an exclusive game; therefore, it is NOT a system seller. Anyone that wants to play it and owns a 360/decent gaming computer will buy it for those. Very few people are going to drop $500 to play this.

2. It is ONLINE ONLY. I know people are obsessed with CoD multiplayer, but there is a reason the campaign modes exists. What are you going to do with the game when the servers are down? When they get shut off completely?

3. We don't even have a price for it yet. I see absolutely no reason a multiplayer only title should be full priced, which it probably will be. That is only speculation, though.

4. I highly doubt this game will stay off of the PS3/4. It'd be a HUGE missed opportunity for it not to be. And for anyone who doubts this, this industry is centered around money, like most other things in the world. Everyone knows the increases sales from releasing it on PS3/4 would out weigh whatever MS is paying them for exclusivity. So, another reason to NOT buy an Xbone purely for this game. THIS IS NOT BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT GETTING THE GAME ON PLAYSTATION.

The point is, people are over hyping this game to a ridiculous point. Stop and think about it for half a second. This game is not going to be the system's saving grace.

I'm not trying to start a fanboy war this time, so please, keep the debate clean.

1. Yes it is exclusive to Microsoft. (at least the first Titanfall is.)

2. They wanted this game to be MP only so they took their time and polished that aspect of the game instead of making a watered down half assed single player mode. (There is still a campaign in the game, but it will be told through the campaign MP.)

3. Yes we do. $59.99 for the standard version (Xbone, 360 and PC) and $249.99 for the collectors edition. Why should it not be full price? A ton of people still worked on the game, took several years to complete why should it not be. I think you are getting a game that is built to be solely MP from the ground up, with a game that is rushed and half finished confused.

4. Respawn has stated that the first Titanfall will only be on Xbone, 360 and PC, but future titles in the franchise may appear on other consoles.

5. I don't even know where this argument is coming from.

6. The graphics are fine. Alphas and Betas will run lower res textures a lot of the time to make the download faster for the user. Also, it would be wise to remember this one little thing...graphics do not a good game make.

Actually at this point a lot of people have played the beta and understand that the game is just fun. In the end the XBone and the PS4 will both sell a crap ton of systems and have amazing games on both of them (I have all three of the current gen systems and am looking forward to games on all three.)

Literally none of what you said matters.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#70crucialPosted 2/18/2014 7:21:49 PM
Even if its not X1 saving grace its better then anything on PS4 now and in its future.

Titanfalls pre orders as of today

X1-491,000
360-57,000
PC-53,000

And MS gets money of each copied sold,its exclusive to MS and 360 version got delayed and have yet to see a single screen shot or footage of it,so does it really matter?and after seeing The Order 1886 gameplay footage just assures me Sony can't make a good shooter to save there lives,thank god for X1.