Will TItanfall sell more copies on Xbox one - or - xbox 360?

#21sjc1279Posted 2/20/2014 12:59:29 PM
nb003_99 posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
Titanfall will easily sell more on xbox one. The preorder numbers are about 6 or 7 times more on the one then the 360. I don't have a link but if anyone else does im sure they will post it..

Man, I just don't see it.
80 mil users v 5 mil?
Who sells more?

actually ps4 sold over 5mil and x1 will be about 4million userbase when titanfall gets released.
---
PS4 1TB
PS Vita 16GB
#22Evel138Posted 2/20/2014 1:05:12 PM
Hard to say.

Preorders are one thing, but not everyone preorders.

A games can go on to sell many times more than the initial preorders and 80m consoles is hard to marginalize in the equation.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells a few million on 360.....a feat that might be hard for XB1 unless most of its current base buys a copy.

That said, I'm sure XB1 is going to sell as much, if not more than expected by EA.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#23OldSkoolGamer04Posted 2/20/2014 1:20:17 PM
Evel138 posted...
Hard to say.

Preorders are one thing, but not everyone preorders.

A games can go on to sell many times more than the initial preorders and 80m consoles is hard to marginalize in the equation.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sells a few million on 360.....a feat that might be hard for XB1 unless most of its current base buys a copy.

That said, I'm sure XB1 is going to sell as much, if not more than expected by EA.

But the disparity is so huge that one can't help but assume it indicates what console will sell the most versions of the game. Why would anyone think, if the interest right now greatly favors the XB1, it would suddenly change upon release? What would cause such a shift? Is it that the 360 version hasn't been talked about such that people don't know it exists, but once 360 owners find out around release they will go out and buy it? Is the argument that early adopters of consoles are more "hardcore" and therefore will more likely preorder? I guess that's possible but the difference in interest among the two versions is so great right now that I really don't think it will change after release.
#24SheepinatorPosted 2/20/2014 1:25:15 PM
If Titanfall sells more on XB1 than 360 then the game will be considered a failure. Do the math, take a high attach rate figure like 35% or 50%, from the number of XB1's out there, then add a smaller sales number for 360. That would be a failure.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#25Evel138Posted 2/20/2014 1:25:30 PM
OldSkoolGamer04 posted...
Is the argument that early adopters of consoles are more "hardcore" and therefore will more likely preorder?

I honestly think that could be a factor. Guys that are willing to pay $500 to play this on XB1 (myself) are the guys that are more likely to preorder (myself) IMHO.

That 80m base on 360.....much of those are guys that'll just buy the game that week....or whatever lol.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#26crucialPosted 2/20/2014 1:59:29 PM
Respawn is not even making the 360 version,and it's delayed with no gameplay footage or even screen shots,its going to be gimped and with a 10 dollar upgrade planed for 360 users to X1 will make it X1 by a large margin,I bought a X1 just for this game and many others are doing the same ,X1 and PC will outsell the 360 version,this game was delayed on purpose and I expect it to be half of what the X1 and PC versions will be.

My guess is that the 360 version will not have AI bots with smaller maps,kinda like how BF3 and 4 where gimped on last gen consoles.