BGR: Developers More Interested in relasing games on PS4 than on X1

#1MuryoPosted 2/18/2014 12:00:28 PM
And no Cloud on sight to convince them otherwise.

http://games.yahoo.com/news/developers-more-interested-releasing-games-ps4-xbox-one-183605734.html
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#2Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/18/2014 12:03:59 PM(edited)
20% vs 17% probably doesn't even cover the margin of error. but, give that site your clicks anyway. that's what they're hoping for. YAHOO!
#3JDHill80Posted 2/18/2014 12:05:41 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
20% vs 17% probably doesn't even cover the margin of error. but, give that site your clicks anyway. that's what they're hoping for.

Exactly. Click-bait at it's finest.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 2/18/2014 12:29:21 PM(edited)
JDHill80 posted...
20% vs 17% probably doesn't even cover the margin of error. but, give that site your clicks anyway. that's what they're hoping for.

Yeah you read the title and think "ouch" and then read the story and say "oh no big deal".
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/18/2014 12:12:03 PM
JDHill80 posted...

Click bait for what? It's most certainly not ad revenue, since none are even on that page
---
3770K w/ 780 TI SLI gaming powerhouse.
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#6ILikeGamesManPosted 2/18/2014 12:15:07 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
JDHill80 posted...

Click bait for what? It's most certainly not ad revenue, since none are even on that page

For traffic.
#7aszsithPosted 2/18/2014 12:18:44 PM
The poll, if you follow the link trail all the way through, was conducted at GDC this year. So the sample and margin of error are probably both rather small and the poll is probably rather accurate.

That being said, it is no surprise that the results flow the way they are. I imagine it has less to do with the spin that the BGR writer is trying to push and more with the fact that Sony has more 1st party developers than Microsoft does. Assuming that the there is say 15% for each that are multiplat, that leaves 2% 1st party for Microsoft and 5% 1st party for Sony.

Basically, it means the same percentage of multiplats are being made (obviously by the definition of the term) and Sony just has more companies they partnered with making exclusive games. This makes a LOT more sense than the "publishers don't want to publish games on the XBOne" perspective the author is trying to insinuate.

Also, the poll does not denote if these are AAA full retail games or small indie downloadable titles either. I'm assuming it is a mix. If the bulk of the 2% of Microsoft only titles are things like Titanfall and Halo I'd rather have that over the possibility that the bulk of the 5% of Sony titles are things like Flower instead of God of War.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#8ILikeGamesManPosted 2/18/2014 12:19:08 PM
"In an annual poll of over 2,600 North American game developers who attended last year’s Game Developers Conference "

So its not developers are more interested in releasing games on the PS4, it just happens to be a few extra percentage of the 2,600 game developers who attended last years GDC.

Its very easy for websites to use choice words to pull in more hits. Its standard practice.
#9AstralFearPosted 2/18/2014 12:20:57 PM
They are also more interested In releasing games more for PC/Mac and Smartphones/Tablets.
---
FC:1306-4992-2877
Normal Safari Dunsparce, Loudred, Smeargle
#10Muryo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 12:31:50 PM
AstralFear posted...
They are also more interested In releasing games more for PC/Mac and Smartphones/Tablets.

Indeed, seems that if consoles are to survive Nintendo, Sony and MS must be gaming focused as much as they can and not anger their fanbase with bad busisness tactics.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken