Don't get the CoD hate

#1krystylaPosted 2/18/2014 11:16:17 AM
First feel free to look at my GT and PSN, I haven't even touched a CoD game once, the only FPS I've ever played were Battlefield games.

If a customer is willing to pay full price for a rehash and enjoy playing it why shouldn't he? If you are having joy with your purchase then it is money well spent.

It's also not working w/ every franchise as AC4 is the worst selling AC game so far, and immho well deserved as AC4 should really have been a standalone pirate game instead.

Also don't get the whole dudebro and true gamer sentiment, is there anything to feel better than other people for playing stuff you prefer? Is there anything to feel better than others in regard to video games at all? Are gamers just that insecure and self-conscious?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#2EternalStutterPosted 2/18/2014 11:18:22 AM
krystyla posted...
First feel free to look at my GT and PSN, I haven't even touched a CoD game once, the only FPS I've ever played were Battlefield games.

If a customer is willing to pay full price for a rehash and enjoy playing it why shouldn't he? If you are having joy with your purchase then it is money well spent.

It's also not working w/ every franchise as AC4 is the worst selling AC game so far, and immho well deserved as AC4 should really have been a standalone pirate game instead.

Also don't get the whole dudebro and true gamer sentiment, is there anything to feel better than other people for playing stuff you prefer? Is there anything to feel better than others in regard to video games at all? Are gamers just that insecure and self-conscious?

" I haven't even touched a CoD game once" so you don't get a say on why COD is more and more hated with each release. carry on
#3the_old_daysPosted 2/18/2014 11:23:44 AM(edited)
Homogenizes the industry, drastically reducing tbe variety of AAA games being developed. It also ruins sales expectations. Turning a profit is not enough now, they need to turn a "call of duty" profit to consider a game a financial success.
---
Unus dies noctesque omnium dolor risus et pugna, et quod peto, omnes? Non autem odium, et faciemus.
#4Juzten76Posted 2/18/2014 11:21:23 AM
I only hate people who hate other gamers based on the genre of game they play. I play CoD every day, but my favorite genre is RPGs. The two couldn't be further apart. If that makes me a dudebro, then oh well. Anyone who knows me personally would laugh at that label. Maybe that's why I play it so much. Because I'm killing dudebros all day.
#5krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 11:23:16 AM
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...

" I haven't even touched a CoD game once" so you don't get a say on why COD is more and more hated with each release. carry on

So all those people who never played a CoD shouldn't have a say in hating CoD either and there's many of those.
---
#6teeebzPosted 2/18/2014 11:23:39 AM
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...

I've played the cod games so I guess I get a say, and my say is I agree with TC. IMO cod has gotten tiresome, sure. But obviously people still enjoy it so let them play it if they want. How does it affect you? Don't like it? Don't buy it.

And the whole dudebros thing is so idiotic. Dudebros was invented by other personality types that apparently don't like jocks. And for some reason they think if you enjoy a shooter you must be a jock. AND apparently FPS are "pewpew easy games" even though competitive FPS/TPS games are among the most skillful.

Haters gonna hate
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
PSN- Teebz83
#7EternalStutterPosted 2/18/2014 11:24:25 AM
krystyla posted...
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...

So all those people who never played a CoD shouldn't have a say in hating CoD either and there's many of those.

Well where is the hate coming from if someone NEVER touched it? I cant hate a book if I never read it. I also cant say a movie sucks if I've never even seen it.
So yes.
#8krystyla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 11:25:08 AM
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...

Well where is the hate coming from if someone NEVER touched it? I cant hate a book if I never read it. I also cant say a movie sucks if I've never even seen it.
So yes.

Peer pressure...
---
#9nableetPosted 2/18/2014 11:27:37 AM
CoD is super popular and sells well. Devs & publishers chase the money, so when they see rehashes and map packs and the sales of CoD they tend to want a piece of that cake.

It isn't good for gaming, imo.

It is also a game that is pretty "hyped" every year by certain gamers, which just winds people up. It's kinda why I'm more down on Titanfall than I should be, considering I may actually buy this - which is not likely with any CoD games again.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#10EternalStutterPosted 2/18/2014 11:27:49 AM
krystyla posted...
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...
EternalStutter posted...
krystyla posted...

So yes.

Peer pressure...

Exactly.