Titanfall is going to have monsters!

#1ElPolloDiablo87Posted 2/18/2014 12:18:50 PM(edited)
So, what does this mean? Was the original reason the Titans were developed because of the hostile local wildlife encountered on these foreign worlds? It's an exciting thought, one made even more so by the accompanying news that some of the creatures "will walk or fly around levels harmlessly until people interfere. Others will attack when you just stare at them." Looks like you'll have more than just the Militia and IMC to worry about then. Will you be able to set up traps featuring the wildlife and unsuspecting foes?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/18/titanfall-maps-monsters-and-story-details-to-blow-your-mind
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#2bob15xPosted 2/18/2014 12:20:30 PM
Just read that. So much for COD clone.

That would be wild that you are doing deathmatch but you also have to watch out for the local carnivorous residents.
#3Bladez_89Posted 2/18/2014 12:20:34 PM
This game is going to be worth the £50 of my hard earned pennies.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#4Ironman06Posted 2/18/2014 12:21:11 PM
The beta was amazing and still didn't do the actual game justice. I'm so glad I chose the Xbox One
#5nableetPosted 2/18/2014 12:22:59 PM
Interesting, kinda sounds like what Evolve is doing.

More bots though and Evolve is a totally different MP game.... Hmmm. I'll give this a verdict of "wait and see"
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#6FinzFan4lifePosted 2/18/2014 12:23:37 PM
Ironman06 posted...
The beta was amazing and still didn't do the actual game justice. I'm so glad I chose the Xbox One

This.

The game comes out the day I get off work. I work a 3x3 schedule and come home the 11th
So stoked
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#7mokmuudPosted 2/18/2014 12:24:07 PM
Lmao
Pacific Rim ripoff.
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8dementedlullabyPosted 2/18/2014 12:29:47 PM

The new map, Boneyard, is a desert environment set amidst the ruins of an old engineering facility. Huge leviathan-like creatures wander the distant backgrounds, warded away from the battlefield with dog whistle-like apparatuses. Boneyard is the result of a malfunctioned dog whistle, with the tremendous bones of a fallen leviathan setting the surface-side stage for combat. Respawn says players can fight within the huge skeleton and even perch atop it and snipe. Indigenous flying NPC creatures can also swoop down to pester your allies and enemies, creating a livelier match. Down below the surface is the facility itself."

“Boneyard is a little more friendly to Titans,” says Respawn Entertainment lead artist Joel Emslie. “The scale cues and the stuff you can take cover on is a little more Titan focused. There are areas that you’d want to wall run on as a Titan are more in the bowels of Boneyard. It has some really nice spots where a Pilot can really get the drop on a Titan. These big hallways where the Pilot can hide up in the girders and get down on the Titan. But it also has some really kick-ass spots for the longer shooting game of Titanfall where you can use these marksman weapons. There are these cracks in crevices where you can ambush Titans and jump off a rock down here and get on top of one.”

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#9RybalPosted 2/18/2014 12:46:24 PM
Ironman06 posted...
The beta was amazing and still didn't do the actual game justice.

Why do you say it didn't do the actual game justice? I could certainly see this statement once the game is released, but it isn't out yet. I understand that you are limited in the number of titans available, but I was just wondering how you could make such a declarative statement.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#10bob15xPosted 2/18/2014 12:50:50 PM
You are camping. You got your sniper out and have the headshot all lined up, then something eats you.