How long after Titanfall's launch do you think it'll be before X1 outsells PS4?

#151flame030191Posted 2/20/2014 11:59:09 AM
blingus posted...
mike468 posted...

I own both as well and love my XBO (actually Xbox Brand in general), but I got to disagree about the controller. I feel the PS4 controller is actually built better. It feel a lot better in the hands than previous dualshocks, better weight to it and the analog sticks have the perfect amount of tension and grip to the them.

The only thing that is holding it back is the damn layout. I'm so used to the 360/XBO controller layout. It just seems so natural. I hate to say it, but Sony actually would steal me away from Xbox if they actually released an alternative Xbox-style layedout dualshock, kind of like how Nyko released two variations of the raven controller.

Exactly!

I don't own an X1 YET but have used the controller to play CoD and ACIV. After E3 I was so impressed with the pictures of the X1 controller that I was convinced it would be the best 8th generation controller. Man was I wrong.

Even my brother (total Xbot), who only has a 360 and Wii U (for his kids and wife), was in gamestop with me a few weeks ago when I went down to visit the family picked up and tried both controllers. He was floored at how terrible the X1 controller was compared to the DS4 and just about anything else. He said that "this thing is going to be known as the mini potato". Just in case anyone forgot about the original Xbox controller, many people in the gaming community called it "the potato".

IMO 8th generation controllers:

DS4>Wii U CCP>X1>Wii U gamepad

If MS just made the grips longer and wider than they'd be on par or ahead of the DS4. And I was really skeptical about the the DS4 until I played it. It is the finest pack in controller of this generation.

My thoughts as well. Well, kind of. I'd probably place the Wii U CCP equal to the X1, simply because I cannot get used to the right stick being on top.

X1 controller is not bad, but the sticks and d-pad are the worst part of it. D-pad is only slightly improved, simply because they got rid of the disc, and the sticks are too sharp, too small, and too stiff. When playing CoD on it, I have no issues with the left stick but as soon as it comes to the aiming aspect, I can never get it on point where on PS3, PS4, and 360 it is almost natural (more so on PS4 than the others).
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Flame Guy
Welcome to GameFAQs where anyone who proves you wrong is an ignorant troll.
#152blingusPosted 2/20/2014 1:20:12 PM
flame030191 posted...
blingus posted...
mike468 posted...

I own both as well and love my XBO (actually Xbox Brand in general), but I got to disagree about the controller. I feel the PS4 controller is actually built better. It feel a lot better in the hands than previous dualshocks, better weight to it and the analog sticks have the perfect amount of tension and grip to the them.

The only thing that is holding it back is the damn layout. I'm so used to the 360/XBO controller layout. It just seems so natural. I hate to say it, but Sony actually would steal me away from Xbox if they actually released an alternative Xbox-style layedout dualshock, kind of like how Nyko released two variations of the raven controller.

Exactly!

I don't own an X1 YET but have used the controller to play CoD and ACIV. After E3 I was so impressed with the pictures of the X1 controller that I was convinced it would be the best 8th generation controller. Man was I wrong.

Even my brother (total Xbot), who only has a 360 and Wii U (for his kids and wife), was in gamestop with me a few weeks ago when I went down to visit the family picked up and tried both controllers. He was floored at how terrible the X1 controller was compared to the DS4 and just about anything else. He said that "this thing is going to be known as the mini potato". Just in case anyone forgot about the original Xbox controller, many people in the gaming community called it "the potato".

IMO 8th generation controllers:

DS4>Wii U CCP>X1>Wii U gamepad

If MS just made the grips longer and wider than they'd be on par or ahead of the DS4. And I was really skeptical about the the DS4 until I played it. It is the finest pack in controller of this generation.

My thoughts as well. Well, kind of. I'd probably place the Wii U CCP equal to the X1, simply because I cannot get used to the right stick being on top.

X1 controller is not bad, but the sticks and d-pad are the worst part of it. D-pad is only slightly improved, simply because they got rid of the disc, and the sticks are too sharp, too small, and too stiff. When playing CoD on it, I have no issues with the left stick but as soon as it comes to the aiming aspect, I can never get it on point where on PS3, PS4, and 360 it is almost natural (more so on PS4 than the others).

Yeah the CCP is close to the X1 controller but does have the advantage of comfort and d-pad design. Although I can't foresee buying a proper fighter on the the Wii U like SF or Tekken, I definitely think the CCP's d-pad would work fine.
---
7200rpm 320GB(OG 60)+320GB Slim PS3s, Reach 360, Black Wii U, Modded Xbox, Black Sega DC+Saturn, Panasonic Q, PSP, 64GB iPhone 4S+iPad 4, 3DS XL, Vita, PS4!
#153EnclavePosted 2/20/2014 1:30:22 PM
ExarOs posted...
Yes, Microsoft owns the 360 and about 99% of those PC's run Windows which is owned by Microsoft. Sony gets no piece of this pie = exclusive. When Titanfall becomes the next Halo, Gears of War I'll remember this topic for all you Sony Ponies.

Actually Microsoft doesn't get any licensing fees from game sales on Windows so they are not getting a piece of the pie as you put it on PC copies of the game.

You would have a bit of a point if the game was going to be Windows 8 only as they desperately want to increase the user base of that OS, however the game will play on Windows 7.

Remember, consoles and operating systems are very different beasts and not comparable in the way you are trying.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.