There is really no reason for Titanfall to be online only

#1PokemonYoutubePosted 2/18/2014 1:41:42 PM
The multiplayer is going to have story elements, and the multiplayer will have bots alongside human players. So why can't they make the story elements playable offline with just bots? Shouldn't be that hard to pull off.

I played Titanfall at Gamescom last year and I thought it was awesome. One of the best FPS games I've ever played. I just can't get over the fact that there is no singleplayer mode. I absolutely detest playing online, and because this game has no singleplayer, I will not be getting it.
---
www.youtube.com/GeneralSecura
#2davidthedawg639Posted 2/18/2014 1:43:45 PM
Because the developer didn't want to make it playable offline with bots. I don't know why this is such a hard concept to grasp. It has been stated multiple times that the game will only be online.
#3LandfillAOPosted 2/18/2014 1:45:45 PM
Creating a big cinematic story with cutscenes, voice acting mo-cap etc. is very expensive. Maybe they decided to focus on the multiplayer and save some time and money. Maybe they thought people would only be interested in the multi.

I am not big on FPSes online (only Halo games, really) but I love this from the beta. Will be buying. I do wish it had a story mode, though.
#4PokemonYoutube(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 1:46:52 PM
davidthedawg639 posted...
Because the developer didn't want to make it playable offline with bots.

But why didn't they? Why would they possibly exclude a single-player campaign?
---
#5PokemonYoutube(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 1:48:02 PM
LandfillAO posted...
Creating a big cinematic story with cutscenes, voice acting mo-cap etc. is very expensive. Maybe they decided to focus on the multiplayer and save some time and money. Maybe they thought people would only be interested in the multi.

I am not big on FPSes online (only Halo games, really) but I love this from the beta. Will be buying. I do wish it had a story mode, though.

The thing is, the online multiplayer will have story elements like briefings and lots of voice acting. So those things are already there. They're just not playable offline.
---
#6ThePaleRiderpPosted 2/18/2014 1:48:29 PM
Be cool if it had a story mode and after every chapter or mission you could go to like base or HQ and upgrade your weapons armor and stuff and go on side missions with friends. Stealth, coups, firefights. make it happen respawn.
---
PSN: OverlordZeit 3DS FC: 2895-6437-9632
XBL: VongolaXIIIZeit Steam: thepaleriderp
#7DefhimselfPosted 2/18/2014 1:48:29 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...

Have you never played an Unreal game?
---
Good riddance cry baby Phil! ...GT: The last HUcast
#8PokemonYoutube(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 1:48:56 PM
Defhimself posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...

Have you never played an Unreal game?

No I have not.
---
#9TOhasNoRingPosted 2/18/2014 1:49:31 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...

SHUTUP... you sound like an annoying 12 year old asking the same question over and over again.. lord jesus help me..
They are a new company and they had a time limit to get the game out around this time so they had to exclude something... there is your answer.
---
Intel Atom 1.40GHz - 1GB DDR3 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#10lunaticcorePosted 2/18/2014 1:50:06 PM
There is not AI to control the pilots. I guess they could have added it.