There is really no reason for Titanfall to be online only

#21evecharmevePosted 2/18/2014 8:51:26 PM
Whats the point of single player when you have to have online? Really why waste the time? It's like saying tomb raider needed MP and it was trash
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#22TheApd_ReturnsPosted 2/18/2014 10:44:57 PM
PokemonYoutube posted...
davidthedawg639 posted...
Because the developer didn't want to make it playable offline with bots.

But why didn't they? Why would they possibly exclude a single-player campaign?

Because they want to? God forbid a developer wants to try a multiplayer campaign (which is an interesting idea) instead of wasting resources on a singleplayer mode.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#23CaIiber345Posted 2/18/2014 11:04:29 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...
PokemonYoutube posted...
davidthedawg639 posted...
Because the developer didn't want to make it playable offline with bots.

But why didn't they? Why would they possibly exclude a single-player campaign?

SHUTUP... you sound like an annoying 12 year old asking the same question over and over again.. lord jesus help me..
They are a new company and they had a time limit to get the game out around this time so they had to exclude something... there is your answer.

So let's tell people to "SHUTUP" when we don't like what they say.

And at least have a reasonable answer. That is not why Respawn chose to exclude a single player campaign.
---
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 14
#24jumbocatPosted 2/18/2014 11:11:08 PM
I'm 100% cool with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Respawn has metadata from the CODs and EA with Battlefield that shows that aggregate play time multiplayer:singleplayer is like 20:1+. it's tough to justify development dollars for SP if that's the case. I personally didn't play any COD campaigns after black ops and I only played a little bit of BF4 with the intent of unlocking some MP guns before I got bored. I imagine there are many others who are the same.
---
ED
AC
#25BTM4444Posted 2/18/2014 11:48:22 PM
I'm completely fine with no single player. I never play fps single player campaigns as they are just a waste of time and not fun.

I think the last fps campaign I played through was modern warfare 2.

Don't understand how using all resources for multiplayer is a bad thing? If you don't like it, dont buy the game.
---
Microsoft will never sell the Xbox One without Kinect!
#26CKnightPosted 2/18/2014 11:56:57 PM
I believe they wanted to make an online only game and have players experience the story in a different way.

With that said I understand why some want a SP. The gameplay is very good and jumping into Titans are fun, I see the appeal of taking this awesome formula and building a sp cinematic story and levels.

Maybe for part 2 but for now this is the devs vision.
---
XBL and PSN - CKnight082
#27BDJaycePosted 2/19/2014 12:05:42 AM
Given another year they could've put in a rather decent single player.. but Microsoft was banking on Titanfall being their first year exclusive.

So, as much as I hate it, there is a reason for Titanfall to be online only.. they're being rushed to complete it in Q1 of 2014 because it's being setup to be the poster child of the Xbox One. Xbox - Halo, Xbox 360 - Gears of War, Xbox One - Titanfall. You can see where the single player would've been as they pushed it into the multiplayer.
---
GT: JamesBolton0723
#28ascendedcobraPosted 2/19/2014 12:51:14 AM
This game could have an amazing campaign. Well they could always do dlc campaign missions.